Found this at Spinnettis Gaming Supply in Vegas (1 Viewer)

Papasatyr

Two Pair
Reaction score
300 piece A-mold solids, with case for $64.95. Just took them out of shrink wrap; they still have production dust on them.

If y'all are interested, they had several racks of ASM cards&dice mold 312s for $50/rack, several full sets of Paulsons...I even got to handle my first TR King chips today.

A chippers wildest dream! I cannot believe I suddenly have a playable clay set!
15920041717367235451147091521235.jpg
15920042063926578905084330528492.jpg

Congratulations on your first set!! Careful I can tell by tumour enthusiasm this is not the last set!! Lol enjoy the journey!!

Congratulations on your first set!! Careful I can tell by tumour enthusiasm this is not the last set!! Lol enjoy the journey!!
Not my first set. Lost 300 Paulson Cherries, 1000 labeled Nexgens, and 1200 faux clays when a fire ate my home a year-and-a-half ago. That said, these babies are brand spankin’ new, versus the cherries which were well worn in.

One big change that has happened...

I was planning to self-label 750 Milanos. Now, adding 100 white and 100 red blank A-molds would up this set to 8-10 players. This would allow me to play with real clay instead of China clay, which given today’s steal, is now an attractive and affordable option.

If y’all ever in Vegas, seriously check this place out! I spent an hour in there, “chip-gasming” the entire time...

They have full sets, ranging from slugged crap to rare, 500-piece, playable Paulson sets costing $3000.

They have samples: current chips from basically everybody in Nevada, and lots of rare and vintage.

They had lots of promissing “pieces” to sets. For example, they had a couple racks of pink diamond-mold chips from the Napa Card Club for $20/rack. I didn’t handle them but I didn’t see injection dimples, so they’re likely compression clays made by somebody, decades ago, selling for $0.20/chip. Awesome Possibilities for you Paulson harvesters out there...

They had bags of used and/or surplus ”cheap” chips for $7/100 chips. But these were “good” cheap chips. For example, I handled both unicorns and mermaids for the first time. Both are cheap plastic, but their cross hatching, and perhaps choice of plastic, gives them great friction and they should stack as well as any Paulson or ASM. They sound alright too. The super diamonds in the bin were the old-school ones that actually weigh 8.5g and stack well, not the slippery 8g crap you usually find nowadays.

For fans of the Dunes CC commemoratives, they appear to have plenty, of all denominations. I bought a sample set. They’re alright, kinda like Majestics: a little too slippery, but otherwise delightfully clay-like. If you like them and want to build or fill-in a set, Spinettis has you covered.

I bought a couple sample sets of vintage clays for $4/bag. I bought two types: the jockey mold clays and the 1930’s style inlay clays. Experienced chippers have seen the 1093’s chips I’m talking about—those old swastika chips, before Hitler ruined the symbol, are an example. I bought the clover ones. For those of you looking for an “outside the box” path to clay chips, the 1930’s inlay clays are worth a look. They sound right (kinda halfway between a clay and a ceramic), they stack like a boss, and have a nice feel. The jockey chips are clay—probably actual clay—they sound a bit weird but their stackability puts any Paulson or ASM to shame. Also worth a look as a cheap entry into the world of clay chips.

Seriously, this place is Disneyland for chippers!

If y’all ever in Vegas, seriously check this place out! I spent an hour in there, “chip-gasming” the entire time...

They have full sets, ranging from slugged crap to rare, 500-piece, playable Paulson sets costing $3000.

They have samples: current chips from basically everybody in Nevada, and lots of rare and vintage.

They had lots of promissing “pieces” to sets. For example, they had a couple racks of pink diamond-mold chips from the Napa Card Club for $20/rack. I didn’t handle them but I didn’t see injection dimples, so they’re likely compression clays made by somebody, decades ago, selling for $0.20/chip. Awesome Possibilities for you Paulson harvesters out there...

They had bags of used and/or surplus ”cheap” chips for $7/100 chips. But these were “good” cheap chips. For example, I handled both unicorns and mermaids for the first time. Both are cheap plastic, but their cross hatching, and perhaps choice of plastic, gives them great friction and they should stack as well as any Paulson or ASM. They sound alright too. The super diamonds in the bin were the old-school ones that actually weigh 8.5g and stack well, not the slippery 8g crap you usually find nowadays.

For fans of the Dunes CC commemoratives, they appear to have plenty, of all denominations. I bought a sample set. They’re alright, kinda like Majestics: a little too slippery, but otherwise delightfully clay-like. If you like them and want to build or fill-in a set, Spinettis has you covered.

I bought a couple sample sets of vintage clays for $4/bag. I bought two types: the jockey mold clays and the 1930’s style inlay clays. Experienced chippers have seen the 1093’s chips I’m talking about—those old swastika chips, before Hitler ruined the symbol, are an example. I bought the clover ones. For those of you looking for an “outside the box” path to clay chips, the 1930’s inlay clays are worth a look. They sound right (kinda halfway between a clay and a ceramic), they stack like a boss, and have a nice feel. The jockey chips are clay—probably actual clay—they sound a bit weird but their stackability puts any Paulson or ASM to shame. Also worth a look as a cheap entry into the world of clay chips.

Seriously, this place is Disneyland for chippers!
you rock brother
that set is a killer deal for sure!!! I would have bought 5 sets.

Last edited:
you rock brother
that set is a killer deal for sure!!! I would have bought 5 sets.
They only had the one, otherwise I would have come home with two. I’m currently keeping eyes open for 50+ whites and reds. Figure that would stretch the set to 6-7 players from the 4-5 it can currently handle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom