Found a really neat deck (1 Viewer)

SteveHNo96

Flush
Reaction score
NGL, I was pleasantly surprised by Vanda's "Aces" deck, a deck that they claim is made for poker players.

First the bad news. There are no jokers in the deck. The deck is literally just 52 cards, a blank card and a "dealer" card. It looks like this was made for Texas Hold 'em players.

Now the good about this. The cards are very easy to read, it's a 4-color deck (with the blue diamonds and the green clubs) but is very easy to identify, the face cards pop in the color of the choice and it has a dealer card, in case a set you own (like my Wicked Spades) doesn't come with a button.

The cards are also heavier stock. I can feel the difference when I shuffle those.

I like to add flavor to my game, and unfortunately these decks are pretty pricey (Even with the best sale I still paid $7 a deck plus shipping) but the quality is definitely there.

Anyone ever use custom or semi-custom decks with poker in mind?

I like the look of these. The back design is pretty cool and I'm digging the font as well.

Would you mind posting some pics?

How do these compare to kems, copags, Fourniers, etc?

I really like how the 4 colors are emphasized on the face cards of the Kings, etc.

Last edited:
poker sized, not bridge sized, right?

I have a deck marked "Radical '80s" that is specifically said to be "poker sized" and the cards are the same size.

With the sun going down and the light in my spare room taken to the living room, these aren't the best pics but I took pics of the 10-K of every suit and the dealer card to show you what they look like. They're REALLY neat looking.

How do these compare to kems, copags, Fourniers, etc?

They feel a little bit like Modiano cards, tbh. They're a little more sturdy than Copags from my experience. I've never owned a Fournier card set or a Kem's set, but these certainly feel very sturdy and good for repeated use.

Attachments

• 20210302_173500.jpg
    20210302_173500.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 20210302_173452.jpg
    20210302_173452.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 20210302_173439.jpg
    20210302_173439.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 217
I’m a fan of Modianos and I like the unique design. Might pick up a set!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom