Former NBA Player Busted Running Poker Game (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-ne...in-legal-trouble-over-underground-poker-games

Screenshot_20210814-064150_Chrome.jpg

I wonder how quickly the rat flipped on him. Let cops go thru your phone to look at your texts? Jesus, was it at least later as part of a plea deal on the advice of a lawyer or did he just toss the phone to the arresting officers and cry "please don't hurt me!"

Dirtbag.

Why the F*** is this even illegal in "the land of the free"??? I am so pissed at the stupidity of gambling laws in the US, especially in the south. Can't run a poker game, while the state lottery guts the poor in the name of schools. Absolutely maddening.

"But it's sinful"....

Why the F*** is this even illegal in "the land of the free"??? I am so pissed at the stupidity of gambling laws in the US, especially in the south. Can't run a poker game, while the state lottery guts the poor in the name of schools. Absolutely maddening.

"But it's sinful"....

It is hilarious the hypocrisy of "protecting people from problem gambling" when the State lottos and scratch-offs are a tax on the poor the government is really trying to protect

why was it illegal? why is it illegal to loan money to people? it never said there was a rake. is it illegal to host a game at all in Tennessee?

why was it illegal? why is it illegal to loan money to people? it never said there was a rake. is it illegal to host a game at all in Tennessee?

Charges are Aggravated Gambling Promotion and Possession of a Gambling Device or Record. And there was a TV report that said cops recovered a ledger.

https://www.wreg.com/news/police-shut-down-poker-palace-at-hickory-hill-home/

Home games are a big nono down there. These types of laws/charges help with that enforcement.

Yes... it all sounds pretty silly, but that’s how they roll down there. Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Yes. The laws very from state to state. Some states have very strict laws that any form of gambling (no matter the stakes) is illegal.

I know laws vary state to state, just really surprised a straight home game with no charge or rake is actually illegal anywhere in this day and age, and "possession of a gambling device" does that mean it's illegal to own cards and chips? Seems some of this should be able to get thrown out in court with a half decent judge.

Seems some of this should be able to get thrown out in court with a half decent judge.
You would think very wrong.

In Tennessee the laws are clear. If there is any element of luck and any amount of money involved, it is illegal - except for the state lottery.

People that think we are "free" are deluding themselves. Laws are written by politicians. Politicians require money to run campaigns. Most of that money comes from big businesses and wealthy individuals.

Therefore, the rich tell you what to do, and convince you that you are free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom