For you folks that don't leave your table up, what do you do with it and where does it "live"? (1 Viewer)

Here’s my makeshift solution… I don’t think this will be permanent. But at least it gets the table off the floor and out of the way.

I used boat hooks, two strong carabiner clips, some heavy-duty rafter screws, short rubber straps, and a spandex banquet table cover.

Getting it up off the ground required two upside-down 5-gallon buckets spanned by a board, which were removed once the table legs’ crossbar was hooked to the straps.

It’ll do for now. Long term I may just build a narrow ledge/cabinet behind the chairs which the table can slide into horizontally, lined on the bottom with some foam to soften the weight on the rail edge.

857E6579-46BE-4472-8562-36788C197BF4.jpeg
4C62CE7A-6BF9-48EE-9F0E-9ACBD1180F28.jpeg

Attachments

• 62F9A92F-AD74-428C-8F50-DE7715912E87.jpeg
    62F9A92F-AD74-428C-8F50-DE7715912E87.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 59
Here’s my makeshift solution… I don’t think this will be permanent. But at least it gets the table off the floor and out of the way.

I used boat hooks, two carabeiner clips, some heavy-duty rafter screws, short rubber straps, and a spandex banquet table cover.

Getting it up off the ground required two upside-down 5-gallon buckets spanned by a board, which were removed once the table legs’ crossbar was hooked to the straps.

It’ll do for now. Long term I may just build a narrow ledge/cabinet behind the chairs which the table can slide into horizontally, lined on the bottom with some foam to soften the weight on the rail edge.

View attachment 804476View attachment 804477
Bonus points for making it look like minimalist art!

(The wall is going to get pretty scratched up with this method, but I have plenty of spackle and paint on hand in my shop so it’s not such a big issue.)

Last edited:
(The wall is going to get pretty scratched up with this method, but I have plenty of sparkle and paint on hand in my shop so it’s not such a big issue.)
I saw the scratches from the hooks - Nothing that couldn't be solved with a little brute-force to bend the small end of the hook back into itself.

I used boat hooks, two strong carabiner clips, some heavy-duty rafter screws, short rubber straps, and a spandex banquet table cover.

View attachment 804476View attachment 804477

you should mount it on the ceiling.

View attachment 804476

That's a really nice display table for your tools! (heh)

I saw the scratches from the hooks - Nothing that couldn't be solved with a little brute-force to bend the small end of the hook back into itself.
Can you remove the hook completely and slip the rubber strap/bungee cord over/around the carabiner clip...you might need some lube to make it happen....that's what she said!!!!! :LOL: :laugh: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

The carabiner is a bit big for the hole, but it might be possible to squeeze it in there with a little effort... also what she said

Last edited:
You could also unscrew the hooks in the wall, put a piece of teflon plastic (or other padding) that extends a few inches below the loops, and then reattach. The S-Hooks would then just rub on something built to absorb the scratches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom