For the gym fanatics HOW do you stay in shape during this time (1 Viewer)

Dont do extra you don’t need. One spoon of gravy tastes as good as three.
Easiest one for me was cheese, just quit putting it on stuff extra.
I’ve lost 40 lbs since I retired, sitting at a desk drinking coffee with creamer all day added up!
More active now and eat better, almost al meals cooked at home (total disclosure, the nearest fast food restaurants are an hour away, so this ones not hard either).
Good job ! Eating non processed foods alone and avoiding processed foods will lead to weight loss. That minor of a change alone , let alone good workout routine to go with that...

Yes , change in diet will increase results dramatically. Just trying to eat 1 week right and track you’re macros and you will see a difference on how you look and feel. Nutrition is THAT important
I’ve got you by 20 years @Poppin92, the picture below is me in my early 40s at 145lbs. It’s the weight that I feel most healthy at. Eating right and 1 trip to the gym per week was my regular routine.
C85844C9-082D-4A4E-B905-563742CF329F.jpeg

I’ve got you by 20 years @Poppin92, the picture below is me in my early 40s at 145lbs. It’s the weight that I feel most healthy at. Eating right and 1 trip to the gym per week was my regular routine. View attachment 644988
I can see clearly you are in great shape here ! I did put up a pic here earlier but deleted it because I didn’t want to come off that I started this thread to show off my shape. But if curious will drop it here again. Anyway great shape , and good to see that on that age you still kicking it !

I was here in early September
View attachment 644954
On the left! Lol yup 278 pounds and the worst shape of my life! Today I am 175 and feeling great!! (Just taken)
View attachment 644955
Courtesy of @Lil Tuna last week in Florida
View attachment 644956
I haven't seen "that Ben" in a long long time! Best present I could possibly have given myself is getting my health and weight back under control. At 6 foot even my ideal weight when I was 24 was 165 so that is my final goal again.. not rush to get there as I enjoy dieting now. I am not one for working out, don't really care about muscle mass as I am not willing to do the work to keep it going. Lean is good enough for me!! Lol

Fir the record, I do not own a shake weight!!
Absolutely amazing physical turnaround.
Nicely done!

I was here in early September
View attachment 644954
On the left! Lol yup 278 pounds and the worst shape of my life! Today I am 175 and feeling great!! (Just taken)
View attachment 644955
Courtesy of @Lil Tuna last week in Florida
View attachment 644956
I haven't seen "that Ben" in a long long time! Best present I could possibly have given myself is getting my health and weight back under control. At 6 foot even my ideal weight when I was 24 was 165 so that is my final goal again.. not rush to get there as I enjoy dieting now. I am not one for working out, don't really care about muscle mass as I am not willing to do the work to keep it going. Lean is good enough for me!! Lol

Fir the record, I do not own a shake weight!!
Amazing sir , keep up the great work !! I’m assume you feel whole lot younger and better after the transformation

A mixture of basic calisthenics, free weights, walking, and yoga/stretching are working for me.

Have had a few dumbbells, barbells, and plates sitting in the closet for a few years until the gyms closed and bought a dip bar station early on during shelter in place.

These days I aim for 2 full calisthenics work outs a week consisting of classic burpees, jumping Jacks, and mountain climbers, 2 days of barbell curls, dips, push ups, squats, rows/presses with a light calisthenics warm up. When weather permits I try to walk 4-5 times per week from 1.5-3 hrs a day.

Need those endorphins to help keep me from going stir crazy.

Main goal for me is to lower my body fat percentage while mostly maintain muscle. Waist is definitely a little slimmer and I’ve put on maybe 5 lbs of muscle.

Wish I had someway to do pull-ups at home and would really love to buy an erg one day

Hi guys , just curious the gyms in Europe are closed at the moment. Don’t know if that’s different in the US at the moment.
But for the gym fanatics on this community how do you guys stay in shape , I’m 29 at the moment and can’t stand this any longer not begint able to go to the gym. I’m as addicted to the gym as I am to chips if that does make sense.
Let me know how this COVID 19 has affected you’re lifestyle.

Thanks
Bit late ive just noticed this thread lol. For home use a 7ft olympic bar with 10kg plates eitherr end. 20kg if you can handle it. All you need for full body incredible hulk workout. Usually i would do this every 6 weeks in the gym as a benchmark test and start with a 400m sprint and 30 burpees and again finish with a 400m sprint and 30 burpees. If your not in agony a day or two after and your collarbone bruised your doing it wrong :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: as many rounds as possible in 20 mins

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom