For anyone who carries a deck of cards with them... (1 Viewer)

Quad Johnson

Two Pair
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this, so thought this was the best spot?

I carry a deck of cards with me when I leave the house. The wife and I play a lot of gin and you never know when an impromptu game will come up, particularly when going out for coffee or waiting on the food when out for a meal.

I found an online shop on Etsy that hand crafts these WWI/WWII era replica leather playing card cases.

As soon as I saw the army red color of the case, I had to have it. I remember my grandfather having a pistol holster and pocket watch case from that era sporting the same color.

They offer it in the army red you see here as well as black and saddle brown. They also do embossing on the flap too for anyone wanting to personalize it.

If providing the link is against the rules mods, I apologize and please delete. I am no way affiliated with this business, simply promoting it because I love the case after carrying it in my pocket for a few weeks and thought some others might be interested as well.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/597343590/wwii-replica-playing-card-case-also

Attachments

• inCollage_20180608_100546449.jpg
    inCollage_20180608_100546449.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Do you keep the cards loose in the pouch or inside a tuck box inside the pouch? I would think that loose cards would have edge damage fairly quickly because it's not really tight in there.

Maybe an acrylic display box inside the pouch? Take a look at Carat X1 - poker size only, though. Great magnet system, though, for a nice clean look.

Do you keep the cards loose in the pouch or inside a tuck box inside the pouch? I would think that loose cards would have edge damage fairly quickly because it's not really tight in there.

Maybe an acrylic display box inside the pouch? Take a look at Carat X1 - poker size only, though. Great magnet system, though, for a nice clean look.

Yes to keeping the cards loose, the flap won't close with a plastic deck in the box. It might fit a box with paper cards in due to not being as thick, but haven't tried.

3 weeks with it now and I've been examining the deck for any damages, no signs so far.

Very cool. I have a lot of leftover leather from rails that I've been wanting to make something with. These seem like a neat project. Maybe line the inside with a hard liner to protect the corners of the cards?

Very cool. I have a lot of leftover leather from rails that I've been wanting to make something with. These seem like a neat project. Maybe line the inside with a hard liner to protect the corners of the cards?

If you figure out a way to build a better mousetrap in this department, let me know and I will buy one off you. LOL

What improvements or changes would you make to the one you have?

What improvements or changes would you make to the one you have?

The one that I have is very well-made, the entire case is one piece of leather and all the stitching is double-stitched.. The only thing I would change would be the hard interior lining as you suggested.

Let me know if you would like some more detailed pictures of the folds and stitching. My Friday night poker game starts in an hour but I will be happy to take photos and provide them to you tomorrow.

Nice find! There are some sweet card cases on Etsy.

It looks like some of the nicer ones are made for Tarot or Magic cards, so I guess it’s time to bust out a ruler and start measuring stuff.

I have no idea how many cards are in a “standard” Magic/Yugi-Oh/Tarot deck, or even the measurements of my own plastic decks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom