Follow up to orignal post - Home Cash Game Custom Chips (1 Viewer)

STL_POKERGUY

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Back in December I joined PCF and was curious about adding on to some of the chip that i already have. Since that time my monthly game has changed previously we had about 30 folks playing in the cash game. We still have about 30 folks once a month and we now play terminates, with no "cash value" to the old chips security is less of a concern. The cash game has continued but has been reduced to about 10 regular players, we play 1/1 (often with a straddle but still optional) as the night progresses the game also changes to play more like a small 2/5. I have also had a custom poker table built and added some customer sign work (see attached). The art work is above the bar and is also hot stamped into the poker table that will be delivered next week.

I now want to order fully custom chips that include the sign and denominations on the chips. Today I placed orders for samples from a few different companies just to get a feel for the chips. I would like to stick around $500-600 for around 500-600 chips (understanding that there could be additional fees for setup and art design). Being that this is my first purchase of non mass produced chips I have some questions and would value some feedback.

Clay Vs. Clay Composite Vs. Ceramic ??? The new table will have a racetrack to make stacking chips easier
Fully printed onto the chips or sticker inlay, what is the preference ??? Pros and Cons to both sides?

Anything else that I have not thought of, any feedback would be helpful and valuable. I really don't want buyers remorse for choosing to do business with the wrong company.

Are there any vendors that you have personally used? Its very important to me to be made in America! I have seen several posts from @brpropoker @ABC Poker Awards as well as @Sun Fly Poker Chips but I cant seem to find a way to order samples from these suppliers.

20210108_201019.jpg

Back in December I joined PCF and was curious about adding on to some of the chip that i already have. Since that time my monthly game has changed previously we had about 30 folks playing in the cash game. We still have about 30 folks once a month and we now play terminates, with no "cash value" to the old chips security is less of a concern. The cash game has continued but has been reduced to about 10 regular players, we play 1/1 (often with a straddle but still optional) as the night progresses the game also changes to play more like a small 2/5. I have also had a custom poker table built and added some customer sign work (see attached). The art work is above the bar and is also hot stamped into the poker table that will be delivered next week.

I now want to order fully custom chips that include the sign and denominations on the chips. Today I placed orders for samples from a few different companies just to get a feel for the chips. I would like to stick around $500-600 for around 500-600 chips (understanding that there could be additional fees for setup and art design). Being that this is my first purchase of non mass produced chips I have some questions and would value some feedback.

Clay Vs. Clay Composite Vs. Ceramic ??? The new table will have a racetrack to make stacking chips easier
Fully printed onto the chips or sticker inlay, what is the preference ??? Pros and Cons to both sides?

Anything else that I have not thought of, any feedback would be helpful and valuable. I really don't want buyers remorse for choosing to do business with the wrong company.

Are there any vendors that you have personally used? Its very important to me to be made in America! I have seen several posts from @brpropoker @ABC Poker Awards as well as @Sun Fly Poker Chips but I cant seem to find a way to order samples from these suppliers.

.View attachment 651397
Message them.
Put up a wanted ad.
Ask forum folks for a sample set.

Thats disappointing we have issues when someone bumps the table chips fall like dominose

It depends more on the type of chips you play with. Cheap plastic sluggers will fall over when the table is bumped no matter if there is a racetrack or not. Chips made to stack well have less of a problem in this regard. You'll just need to get a reasonable amount of samples to figure out what works best for you play needs and your budget.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom