Folds in gaming suede? (1 Viewer)

Denali

Flush
Reaction score
Can you iron out the folds (creases) in dye-sub'd gaming suede? If so, best method?

Yup, this

Also. Don’t glue the fabric to the play surface. Just staple taut

Well...... I iron the creases out and glue/staple it to the surface both. Ironing the creases out is a pain in the A$$ so it is interesting that you guys don't worry about them. I would be scared, but maybe unnecessarily. :eek:

Well...... I iron the creases out and glue/staple it to the surface both. Ironing the creases out is a pain in the A$$ so it is interesting that you guys don't worry about them. I would be scared, but maybe unnecessarily. :eek:

It's not like you can't just pull staples if you're not happy with it. Just don't cut it until you have it the way you want it.

I’ve always been surprised at gluing the cloth down... a good table build should far outlast a cloth, so replacement at some point is a given. A cloth can be properly installed without any glue.

Glue the foam, yes, but not the cloth. In my opinion. And in the dozen or so tables I’ve built I’ve never ironed out creases and never had them show on the finished product. This, using both US and Chinese SSC and Chan felts.

I had the same question when I got my layout from eBay, so I asked the seller (the layout company) and they said to just spray some water after getting the cloth installed. I didn’t use any water and the creases disappeared pretty much immediately.

I only put down a light coat of spray adhesive on folding table toppers - it helps keep the fabric above the hinges from buckling.

And I iron before application if needed, which is rarely. I let it hang in the bathroom for a couple of days prior to using.

I prefer hanging it on a clothes line for a few days so the wrinkles come out then apply to table

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom