Folding leg table storage (1 Viewer)

horseshoez

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hello PCF crew,

First time posting and new to the forum. Have a question about the new table I purchased. Trying to devise a way to store it without creating “storage indents” in the arm cushion and at the same time make it easy to stow away/remove.

I’ve seen some threads that talk about eye hooks along with u-hooks to pin up to a wall, a set of 2x4 cross beams to hold it up in the ceiling, etc. I haven’t yet come across a solution that would make it a one person job or maybe husband+wife job for lack of a better way to put it lol

Has anybody utilized a pulley system or perhaps even a home grade winch to hoist their tables up to the garage ceiling? I like the idea of maybe even doing heavy duty french cleats but I worry about drilling into the plywood underside of the table and then the screws ripping out.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Hello and welcome!

I just wanted to say that. I don't have any particular suggestions for storage. My normal advice would be to get a table that you could put a dining top over, so that it's only a game table when you need it to be. Hiding in plain sight.

Appreciate it sir. Heard nothing but good things about PCF.

I would have done that with the exception that the wifey was a TINY bit opposed to the permanent bad boy. That’ll have to come when I do some designer handbag bribing.

So I've been using the Racor lift (currently $220) for several years now and it works perfectly:

Platform is 4'X4' and holds up to 200 lbs. Table can be easily raised or lowered by one person with the provided hand crank or using a power drill with attachment. Pic of my table using the lift:

https://www.amazon.com/Racor-PHL-1R...ed/dp/B0009I8AO6?tag=perfectmancaveconvert-20

So I've been using the Racor lift (currently $220) for several years now and it works perfectly:
View attachment 250712

Platform is 4'X4' and holds up to 200 lbs. Table can be easily raised or lowered by one person with the provided hand crank or using a power drill with attachment. Pic of my table using the lift:

View attachment 250713
https://www.amazon.com/Racor-PHL-1R...ed/dp/B0009I8AO6?tag=perfectmancaveconvert-20

You my friend may have solved my mystery! I think I’m going to go that route especially since the drill attachment makes it an easy one person job. Thanks for the pic. Will keep you posted!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom