Florida Meat-up - Suicide Queen Melee - Feb 4-7, 2016

k9dr

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mêlée (1) generally refers to a disorganized battle fought at abnormally close range with little central control once it starts (2) a confused tumultuous mingling at close quarters

I would like to host a meat-up at my house on Anna Maria Island February 4-7, 2016. Cash games, tourneys, BBQ, and beer - come to Florida and join the melee.

Anna Maria is on the Florida gulf coast south of Tampa and north of Sarasota. If you are flying in from out of town, TPA is ~ 50 miles away and SRQ is ~ 20 miles away. There are many small inns, B&B's and rental houses on Anna Maria Island. The zip code to search for hotels is 34216. VRBO is a good source to search too. My house can sleep up to 8 people - rooms will be reserved for out of town guests. PM me for the address.

More details and info to follow if there is enough interest. Please save the date and reply in this thread if you would like to attend.

Attendees:
1. k9dr
2. pltrgyst
3. abby99
4. detroitdad
5. ChaosRock
6. Jeff
7. Anthony Martino - Saturday
8. Tom
9. Ben
10. Inca911
11. bentax1978 - Friday & Saturday
12. Parrothedd
13. Ronoh
14. Troy - local
15. Conor - local - Friday & Saturday
16. DJ - friend of Parrothedd - Friday & Saturday
17. Gwen - local - Friday
18. DeDe - local - Friday

IMG_0330.jpg

The venue - my house two blocks from the beach on Anna Maria Island. Parking is very tight at my house. I can fit 3 or 4 cars in the driveway and 5 or 6 in the yard. Street parking is not allowed. Additional parking will be nearby if needed.
Beach_House-2_zps1mz8jw6y.jpg

THURSDAY NIGHT CASH GAMES - house opens at 3:00 PM till .........

Table 1 - .25/.50 NL/PL mixed games - NLH, PLO, O8, BIG O, SOHE, Pineapple or whateva
Table 2 - .25/.50 NLH
Buyin $60 - $200 or half the big stack
Chips - Mapes/New China Club or PNY
Dinner - Spaghetti with hot Italian sausage and garlic bread

P1010024.jpg

FRIDAY CASH GAMES - house opens at 11:00 AM till ..........

Table 1 - .25/.50 NL/PL mixed games - NLH, PLO, O8, BIG O, SOHE, Pineapple or whateva
Table 2 - .25/.50 NLH
Buy-in $60 - $200 or half the big stack
Chips - Suicide Queen
Lunch - local delivery - Poppos, Anna Maria General Store, JBurns, etc.
Dinner - Local seafood night out - Rod & Reel Pier

IMG_0389.jpg

SATURDAY - SUICIDE QUEEN MELEE - house opens at 11:00 AM till ...........

Table 2 - .25/.50 NLH
Buy-in $60 - $200 or half the big stack
Chips - Suicide Queen
Lunch - local delivery

MAIN EVENT $120 DEEPSTACK NLH BOUNTY TOURNAMENT - starts at 2:00 PM - 20 players max

$100 to the prize pool, $10 bounty, $10 to pay for dinner.
T25K starting stack with 20 minute blind levels
Paying 3-5 spots depending on # of players
Chips - Aviation Club de France

IMG_1023.jpg

DINNER BREAK - 6:00 PM

Pulled pork, baked beans, mac & cheese, cole slaw, and potato salad.

I will have a variety of snacks, beer, and sodas available all weekend - donations to subsidize food & drinks are appreciated but certainly not required.

Last edited:

Ben

Full House
Reaction score
Wow today is meetup day on PCF lol.

Interested of course. This one could be complicated - wife may actually disembowel me if I try to go to Anna Maria Island without her. But, can't bring kids (as of today at least) because daughter has lifetime perfect attendance and can't miss ONE DAY of school for any reason (this also messes up trying to plan a meetup myself.)

It's not that I HOPE she gets a little cold, just bad enough to keep her out of school one time - but if it DID happen, a number of things would become easier... ;)

pltrgyst

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In, barring disaster!

(Just how much is perfect attendance worth when you're applying to colleges, anyway?)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I doubt I'll be able to pull it off. Gonna try. Color me at 17% confirmed

k9dr

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow today is meetup day on PCF lol.

Interested of course. This one could be complicated - wife may actually disembowel me if I try to go to Anna Maria Island without her. But, can't bring kids (as of today at least) because daughter has lifetime perfect attendance and can't miss ONE DAY of school for any reason (this also messes up trying to plan a meetup myself.)

It's not that I HOPE she gets a little cold, just bad enough to keep her out of school one time - but if it DID happen, a number of things would become easier... ;)

Bring the wife, have grandma keep the kids. Wife can lay at the beach all day while you get your gambool on. :)

k9dr

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In, barring disaster!

(Just how much is perfect attendance worth when you're applying to colleges, anyway?)

Great. I'm sure the kids would rather have a beach vacation than a perfect attendance award. :cool:

trever

Straight
Reaction score
50/50. Would love to go, but going to FL in february minus the wife will be a tough sell

k9dr

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
50/50. Would love to go, but going to FL in february minus the wife will be a tough sell

Bring the wife and make a vacation out of it. Wife gets a tan at the beach and goes shopping - you hopefully run good to pay for it all.

Ben

Full House
Reaction score
Bring the wife, have grandma keep the kids. Wife can lay at the beach all day while you get your gambool on. :)

I wish. Kids have to be taken to and picked up from school every day (magnet school - 25 mins away, no buses) and grandma can't do that. :(

Brain percolating on other possible creative solutions...

Great. I'm sure the kids would rather have a beach vacation than a perfect attendance award. :cool:

You would think. The perfect attendance is a much bigger thing in our particular household than it should be, for some strange and private reasons. :oops:

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is awesome news Mark!!

I'm a VERY STRONG 'likely'... :) Will probably fly out to FL with wife and leave her on the east coast with her parents for a few days... Double win! ;)

k9dr

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is awesome news Mark!!

I'm a VERY STRONG 'likely'... :) Will probably fly out to FL with wife and leave her on the east coast with her parents for a few days... Double win! ;)

Awesome Paulo - I signed you up.

abby99

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just realized that I've never been to Florida in the winter. I'm looking forward to it.

Dibs on a bed?

Jeff

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mêlée (1) generally refers to a disorganized battle fought at abnormally close range with little central control once it starts (2) a confused tumultuous mingling at close quarters

I would like to host a meat-up at my house on Anna Maria Island February 4-7, 2016. Cash games, tourneys, BBQ, and beer - come to Florida and join the melee.

Anna Maria is on the Florida gulf coast south of Tampa and north of Sarasota. If you are flying in from out of town, TPA is ~ 50 miles away and SRQ is ~ 20 miles away. There are many small inns, B&B's and rental houses on Anna Maria Island. The zip code to search for hotels is 34216. VRBO is a good source to search too. My house can sleep up to 8 people - rooms will be reserved for out of town guests. PM me for the address.

More details and info to follow if there is enough interest. Please save the date and reply in this thread if you would like to attend.

Attendees:
1. k9dr
2. pltrgyst
3. abby99
4. fish72s
5. ChaosRock
In.

tommythecat

Flush
Reaction score
Well...my parents are moving to Florida pretty soon...not in the same area mind, but makes it within driving distance if I fly down to visit them. I guess you can call me tentative.

k9dr

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well...my parents are moving to Florida pretty soon...not in the same area mind, but makes it within driving distance if I fly down to visit them. I guess you can call me tentative.

Hope you can make it too - where are they moving to in Florida ?

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Ah, the perfect attendance award. I was a recipient myself, though I never actually got the certificate - I skipped the awards ceremony. The principal was allegedly pissed to no end, as he repeated my name over and over until someone shouted "He's Absent!"

pltrgyst

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Villages, right? That is a whole world unto itself. Its nice but not really representative of the rest of Florida.

But The Villages *does* have 150 (no, that is not a typo) pickleball courts!

Top Bottom