Flaws in poker chips? (2 Viewers)

175 x 25
175 x 100
125 x 500
125 x 1000
125 x 5000
25 x 10000 (not necessary but want to order 1 roll)
with up to 20 people
175 of T25 and T100 means 8 of each to each player. I recommend 4 T500 (you honestly don't need many T500 because of the T1000) and 7 T1000 to get you a total of T10000 per starting stack. Use T5k to get to T15k, T20k etc...

Therefore, I recommend buying one less roll of T500 and one more of T1000.

100 x $.25
150 x $1
150 x $5
50 x $10
I recommend skipping the $10 and having a $20 or $25 instead...

the $25 chip could be used for a cash game if my game got that wild.
... but not the same chip as the T25! There are many reasons for this, and you can find them all here at PCF. :)

If you want I have dunes, either 25¢ or 50¢ (can't remember) barrel and I believe a rack of $100s. I am setup almost for 20 players for T25 10k. Those extras you could get a feel for them, if you don't like them you could just mail them back and I'd refund cost.

Okay: rules.
Do not use the same chips for your cash game and your tourney game. Please, do not.
If you are looking for chip efficiency, then don't use a T10K. OR us the T10K and replace the T1K and T5K with a T2K. But we'll save that argument for another day.

20-player T15K tourney with 2 rebuys each gives 900K
Starting stack 8/8/4/7/7 (includes rebuys) x20 = 160/160/80/140/140 = 680 chips; add half-barrel of each to cover losses/damage/colour-up, brings us to 730. This is T25/T100/T500/T1K/T5K

Your cash looks okay. Only you know the bank that you need based on your typical table stakes. I'd replace the $10s with a single barrel of $20's, and then divide the rest as you need. 100x $0.25, 140x $1, $140x $5, 20x $20 gives a nice even 400 chips with $1265 bank which is about twice your needs.

Concentrate your money on one set, which look like the tournament set. At about 700 chips, you're within striking distance of a well-designed new ceramic set, as well as many of the Group Buy offerings.

Okay: rules.
Do not use the same chips for your cash game and your tourney game. Please, do not.

- An interesting suggestion. I have successfully run my cash game in this manner to this point. I will consider your advice. As I have come along with my ideas for chips, I am strongly leaning towards a separate set for the two types of games.

If you are looking for chip efficiency, then don't use a T10K. OR us the T10K and replace the T1K and T5K with a T2K. But we'll save that argument for another day.

- Wow! Never even thought of a 2K chip. Mind blasted. Will consider this also. It would streamline my game. Again, run many tourneys with the T1000 and T5000 without a complaint. My main goal is to have happy players who want to come back and play my game. I would have to sleep on this one and ask my group how they feel. So far, in my walk of poker, I have not come across a T2000 chip yet at home games.

20-player T15K tourney with 2 rebuys each gives 900K
Starting stack 8/8/4/7/7 (includes rebuys) x20 = 160/160/80/140/140 = 680 chips; add half-barrel of each to cover losses/damage/colour-up, brings us to 730. This is T25/T100/T500/T1K/T5K

Your cash looks okay. Only you know the bank that you need based on your typical table stakes. I'd replace the $10s with a single barrel of $20's, and then divide the rest as you need. 100x $0.25, 140x $1, $140x $5, 20x $20 gives a nice even 400 chips with $1265 bank which is about twice your needs.

- likely will scrap my cash game for now. Work on a great tourney set. Once that's settled...re-save money and then concentrate on a unique set for cash.

- I am definitely scrapping the $10 chip. I had some in my last set and they never got played. My cash game is in its infancy and I may have to scrap it until I can afford a decent set of cash chips. I will concentrate my efforts on a Tourney set.

Concentrate your money on one set, which look like the tournament set. At about 700 chips, you're within striking distance of a well-designed new ceramic set, as well as many of the Group Buy offerings.

- the best suggestion I got from this response. I will 100% do this. Definitely slowing down my hurry as I get more and more of these great suggestions and information.

Thanks so much for all the replies. Through this forum, I think I can make my game better and more cool!

You need to be patient and check the classifieds often:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/560-chip-paradice-cash-set.42112/

Not Paulsons but good for the price:

https://www.apachepokerchips.com/product/paulson-elite-poker-chips/

https://www.apachepokerchips.com/product/monaco-poker-chips/

A little outside your range but an even better price than the above (just sell off what you don't need):

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/pcf-promo-gpi-tournament-set.42024/
I just missed the tourney set as he struck a deal minutes before my message, also just missed out on the royal yaks. I swear I've never organically found sets I really want, but always come across them in recommendations. (Great recommendations here!)

It's like torching Benjamins.....
Well,

Craigslist came through for me. I was able to sell all my Yin Yang chips for $0.16/chip. I lost only $20 over the whole thing in the end. (Taxes be damned!!)

Now that I have had a chance to check out CPC website along with Apache site and a few others, it is clear to see I can't actually afford the Paulson stuff. Wish I could...

I'm hoping to get a hold of that sample box of chips from the user Forty4.

From the videos by user hobbyphilic to all the information provided here, I have narrowed it to 3 main chips.

1. Nile Club (ceramic)
2. Milano or Crazy Horse (relabeled milanos)
3. Dunes or Pharoahs

These seem to be the best of what I could afford. This is really a hard decision to make. It was easy to buy chips when I didn't care about how they look and feel.
If you can afford custom CPC, then you can also afford a lot of Paulsons.
Well,

My budget - $500-600 USD.

There is no Paulson's or CPC chip in this price range. My search reveals Paulson's are even more expensive than CPC if I can even find em. Apache is great but I don't have the funds required.

I really love the "Rounders" CPC chip but at $865USD for 500 chips, I'm over budget and still wouldn't even have the chips I need. I would have to have a budget of $1730USD. That dream is crushed.

I'm super interested to learn more about the Royal Cardroom chip. I dont know anything about them.

What do you guys say about the "Dunes" chip being sold on Apache's site for $0.42/chip?This is on budget and they seem available in the exact desired quantities I want. They are described as being as close to a Paulson without being one.
Almost what I need....

Gives about half the chips I need with an over budget finish by the time they reach Canada. Excellent reference though....I should mention I need about 1000 chips...and an ability to pick denominations etc will make my purchase efficient.

I've accepted I can't buy Paulson's in this manner or with my rock hard budget.

CPC "Rounders" is what I'm dreaming of...

I'm thinking I may have to buy differing sets of chips for cash and tourney.
WHAT. THE. F@$K. HAPPENED?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom