Services Flattening Price Guide and Examples (1 Viewer)

Josh Kifer

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
Flattening is now an service option. Pricing will be 75 a rack. I do ask that this is more of a time involved process then hard, so take note on that for larger orders.

A note on pricing - Any chips under 100 will be Flat Fee. Pricing will be on a per rack basis. If you have a number between racks, expect to round up. Welcome to chat if it's a situation where this is blatantly unreasonable.

In Transparency and to show the results, below is a case study on a random rack of completely warped Travelodge 5s. Pretty horrid rack.
IMG_20220701_122540.jpg
IMG_20220701_122616.jpg

After
IMG_20220701_194831.jpg

There are some warping left on select chips, but now they stand in a barrel fine. Caliper measurements showed no expansion or thinness. Reduction of an average barrel of a little more then 4.5mm.

This service does not promise to remove all warping, but get things back on track and useable. I will redo chips as they come out in an attempt to correct any adjustments that are needed.

As with most of my services past milling. I'm not a pro. But I read alot of crap on here and really do attempt to get good results. So I'm far from an expert, but I have yet to not figure it out. PM me with any questions.

Last edited:
Flattening is one of those services that you don't realize you need until someone points it out to you, flattens a rack, then gives them back to you and you realize how warped the rest of your racks for that denom are.

Flattening is one of those services that you don't realize you need until someone points it out to you, flattens a rack, then gives them back to you and you realize how warped the rest of your racks for that denom are.
Eh. I literally do everything else. Someone asked if I'd give it a shot. And there we go.

I love you, think I already said that, but WTF, it's 4th of July weekend
Dogs hate fireworks, so I just get to sit at home. Nothing fun for me. Past some flattening!

I'll be bringing this set to City of Trees 4 so we can see how well a Josh flattened set plays. This set was pretty much a disaster before Josh worked his magic
Ah yes... For the 5/10 game......

You better find some onessssss

I think I had some ambassador plaza 5's that someone tried to flatten because it looks like the face of the chip is melted a little, they probably didn't know what they were doing and the heat was too high, I think I've seen others like that in my collection

I think I had some ambassador plaza 5's that someone tried to flatten because it looks like the face of the chip is melted a little, they probably didn't know what they were doing and the heat was too high, I think I've seen others like that in my collection
The newer methods are alot gentler on chips then before. Very low and very slow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom