Flattening cards? (2 Viewers)

ff1228

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Other than just putting books, etc. on top of a warped deck is there anything else you can do?

If they are Kems, throw them away, they will never be flat again for more than 10 minutes.

And please do a search next time...lots of threads on this....

I had a pretty bad set of Kems that someone gave me. I washed them in warm water and then put them between some books for a day and they flattened right out. I keep them stored in the plastic case with a dealer button and they are still flat 12 years later.

I have had KEM and Copag for years and they always always ALWAYS warped. Terrible. Then this website got me to try Fournier. No Fournier's have warped, they wear better than anything else I have ever tried, and shuffle easier than anything else I have ever tried. https://www.naipeszaca.com/en/ these guys ship to the USA, and allow you to use Paypal (Paypal does the foreign exchange so my bank doesn't change me a foreign transaction fee). Check it out.

These are from 06, 07 and 16...still perfect. Stored inside, in original boxes with a dealer button. All perfect. I also have some bridge sized decks from the 1950s that are perfect. Take care if your tools and they'll take care of you.
0328201634~2.jpg
0328201636.jpg

I had a pretty bad set of Kems that someone gave me. I washed them in warm water and then put them between some books for a day and they flattened right out. I keep them stored in the plastic case with a dealer button and they are still flat 12 years later.
I've washed, pressed, frozen, heated in oven at 120 pressed between 2 marble slabs, and more....they flattten, and as soon as I use them they look like pringles.......

If you'd like 4 decks to experiment with, I'll send them to you for the price of postage.

Also wrote to USPCC, sent them the aces of spades, and they basically said, "Aww that is too bad."

I've washed, pressed, frozen, heated in oven at 120 pressed between 2 marble slabs, and more....they flattten, and as soon as I use them they look like pringles.......

If you'd like 4 decks to experiment with, I'll send them to you for the price of postage.

Also wrote to USPCC, sent them the aces of spades, and they basically said, "Aww that is too bad."
I'll take the off your hands

I've never had a problem with Kems. Maybe I'm lucky!

I've never had a problem with Kems. Maybe I'm lucky!
And I've never NOT had a problem with KEM cards. Maybe I'm unlucky, as is every.single.person.I.know who ever bought any.....

These are from 06, 07 and 16...still perfect. Stored inside, in original boxes with a dealer button. All perfect. I also have some bridge sized decks from the 1950s that are perfect. Take care if your tools and they'll take care of you.

This thread is fun!
I have accumulated quite a few sets over the years... I have noticed that what @Klobberer said is absolutely true. YOU MUST TAKE CARE OF YOUR TOOLS. temperature will surely do the cards in.

Up here in Toronto, it seems KEMS are the card of choice from what I have seen, but they are disposable. The question is besides the curving or warping of the cards, which cards 'mark' up easiest? A deck that has been taken care of needs only someone careless to pinch the corner to mark them up and then all that protection for nothing! GAH!

use this as a tip... at the end of your session playing, store the deck of cards upside down and put something heavy on it . the cards will never get warped

use this as a tip... at the end of your session playing, store the deck of cards upside down and put something heavy on it . the cards will never get warped
Not true in Georgia -- KEM cards will warp no matter what you do. :(

Not true in Georgia -- KEM cards will warp no matter what you do. :(
Those are the priciest too :( I only use copags for my home game and use new setups every 2 months about 10 games and since storing em upside down that did the trick. We go thru to many cards for me to be able to use kems

I'm in the UK, so definitely not Georgia, I've been to Hotlanta and we get nothing like that here! I have found that taking 1/4 of the deck and leaving them upside on a sunny window sill for a few hours will flatten them right out. I tend to rotate a couple of KEM decks each month as I love them, so I'll have 2 in play and 2 in the sunny spot flattening out...the things we do... o_O

I’m in Michigan and every deck of Kem cards I owned warped. My friend Jim bought some recently that were warped right out of the box!

Those are the priciest too :( I only use copags for my home game and use new setups every 2 months about 10 games and since storing em upside down that did the trick. We go thru to many cards for me to be able to use kems
I’m in Michigan and every deck of Kem cards I owned warped. My friend Jim bought some recently that were warped right out of the box!
Here in Western New York I have the same issues with KEM cards that you guys do. At the same time Copags bleed and mark too easily for me. I tried Fournier - they are PERFECT!
https://www.naipeszaca.com/en/all-o...-poker-8420707351786.html#/26-back_colour-red These guys might not be shipping right now with all that is going on but they normally do ship to the USA. Try them out

Not specific to any brand, but someone suggested this method that I've used successfully for a while now
After use, split the deck in two halves.. turn one half upside down, shuffle and replace into the box.
Seems to keep them straight

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom