Fixing Warped Cards: Da Vinci (1 Viewer)

EphesianPoker

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Howdy everyone! I’m new to the forums and I’ve seen this topic but still no real answers…. Curious if anyone has found any kind of actual solution to fix the warping of cards. I love the Da Vinci decks because of the design and art work both on the face and back of the cards (not my favorite quality wise or feel wise but just enjoy the look). I bought these off Amazon and they showed up warped like crazy. This is what I’m trying - I stacked the cards face up and face down then pressed them in a card box and placed under my 100lb poker table. I’ll share the results here to see if any improvements but curious if anyone has any other ideas???

Attachments

• 6F40532F-2FF8-4D1C-B07B-B4CEF46E61C5.jpeg
    6F40532F-2FF8-4D1C-B07B-B4CEF46E61C5.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 0FC8A8F4-7828-45D2-9BE3-C64C397DE6F1.jpeg
    0FC8A8F4-7828-45D2-9BE3-C64C397DE6F1.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 3CC8B780-564C-4886-B958-DC5A4BD83793.jpeg
    3CC8B780-564C-4886-B958-DC5A4BD83793.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 96
  • 48BCE96F-D076-4D1A-845D-B57813F0F2BA.jpeg
    48BCE96F-D076-4D1A-845D-B57813F0F2BA.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 103
Do not heat them with anything - ie don’t try to iron them. They most likely will shrink.

Any way you can return them? Warped out of the box new doesn’t seem like it’s going to be an enjoyable experience with this deck.

Do not heat them with anything - ie don’t try to iron them. They most likely will shrink.

Any way you can return them? Warped out of the box new doesn’t seem like it’s going to be an enjoyable experience with this deck.
Unfortunately this is the second deck set ordered after returning the first one… if this doesn’t work after letting it set for 10+ hours I’m returning this set as well. My next purchase will be straight from Da Vinci

I agree, these are pretty bad, assuming you can't exchange them? EDIT: I missed your message saying that this is the second deck...

I left my KEM's face up with a dealer button on top and then put an elastic band around the box. Left them in the cupboard for 6 months and they appear to be fine now. I know climate makes a difference too, maybe I got lucky in the UK...

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is the second deck set ordered after returning the first one… if this doesn’t work after letting it set for 10+ hours I’m returning this set as well. My next purchase will be straight from Da Vinci
A secondary seller may have bought a bunch of “seconds” at a discount and is moving them for profit only. Direct is probably better if possible.

Update: the squish method didn’t help at all. I returned to Amazon… bummed because can’t find the same cards in jumbo index on Da Vinci’s or Modiano’s website.

Glad someone posted this!

There are many cards I’ve owned that have bowed or warped but only Kem gets called out. My Divinci never bowed but then again I rarely play with them as I find them cheap feeling. That said my buddy had a well used setup that was bowed as in your pics

I’d recommend different cards. If you have to have jumbo (are they bridge?) I’d recommend bicycle plastic. If they are poker than the Ace cards from Cartamundi are great (I personally hate poker sized cards but got these for a travel set at Walmart)
Desjgns latest blackjack size cards are excellent and beautiful

Last edited:
I've had DaVinci cards come to me in their factory seal bowed that it bothered me enough to not use them.

In my experience, the only cards so far that I have that I have not noticed bowing to any degree are Fournier, Dal Negro, King, and Cartamundi Belgium.

Kem, Modiano, DaVinci, Faded Spade, Gemaco, Piatnik, Copag, and early desjgn (Modiano stock) all have bowed on me to some degree.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom