Fixing Air-Tites with 3D Magic (1 Viewer)

BearMetal

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
There are a few dealer buttons that just deserve to be on display all the time. And they deserve to be protected while they're on display. The natural and obvious choice would be to use air-tite containers. We all know and love these since we use them for the dealer button's tinier little cousins, chips.

But, the problem is that the only size that would work for a dealer button is the Y-47/Y-50, and these only ship with foam inserts that have a cutouts for either 47mm or 50 mm. And yes you could sit there and try to cut out the foam yourself and believe me I've tried. But no matter how steady your hand is or how many power tools you use, it doesn't come out very good.

PXL_20220115_010200385.PORTRAIT.jpg

So what's a metal bear to do? Well if you know me then you know that my solution to most things is to 3D print something. How about an insert?

PXL_20220115_010224764.PORTRAIT.jpg

I think the final product is definitely display worthy! If anyone wants the STL file just let me know!

PXL_20220115_010310298.PORTRAIT.jpg

This also opens up some new possibilities for regular chip holders as well, such as the I-series holders. You're not limited to black or white anymore, you could have any color as your surrounding border!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom