First year on here PrOn... (1 Viewer)

longflop

Flush
Reaction score
I joined PCF about 11 months ago. I was searching for information on picking between the poker knights and The Mint chips. I got a set for a neighborhood tourney, then started adding on, then started messing around with semi-customs, then I decided to put all of my chips out on the table at one time.

20181017_220206.jpg

Here's what I've got in order from least to most favorite. First is a cheap set of plastic vegas chips, ended up with them because I really wanted the case that they came in, so they were thrown in for free.

20181017_220222.jpg

Next is my 12.2 gram coin inlay. These are slippery, stack exploding chips, but they were my first set that I purchased after school. I have had these chips for over 15 years, its sentimental for me at this point. Plus this is what gets used when the kids want to play "Poker"

20181017_220230.jpg

Next are my poker knights. This was my tournament set until this month, when I completed my CPS semi-customs

20181017_220246.jpg

I added on these plaques to make the set play a bit bigger and add bounty's.

20181017_220357.jpg

Next was my first attempt at semi-custom on the spirit molds. I got them super cheap and really enjoyed the process of putting these together. Currently the chips in use for post tournament cash games. I would love to figure out a way to add a spirit mold nickel to this set, but I don't think there are any other color solids in existence.

20181017_220257.jpg

Finally, my current tourney set. I could not be happier with these.

20181017_220344.jpg

Also, I managed to put together a seating chip set, but I still need five more for three full tables of 10

20181017_220411.jpg

And never forget about the cards. Not pictured are my laminated cards for every type of game out there.

20181017_220422.jpg

Final count is over 3,000 poker chips. Less than a year ago I had one set, that was horribly set up, which I use for both cash games and tournaments. My budget is tapped for the moment, but I am looking forward to adding to this.

HUGE thank you to @Gear @Lars @abby99 @BGinGA @p5woody @desjgn and so many others who have helped with resources, group buys, artwork and many other things over the past year. You guys didn't have to help like you did, but you did, and I appreciate it.

Because of PCF, I was informed that I had the best basement poker room on my street. That's a high honor!

Keep chippin'

Attachments

• 20181017_220152.jpg
    20181017_220152.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 69
I would love to figure out a way to add a spirit mold nickel to this set, but I don't think there are any other color solids in existence.

View attachment 208901

'

Your thread/this set is what inspired me to get a set of my own.

You could grab some more blues and make them the nickels. Then grab some non-solids for the $25s. That’s how I did it anyway.

Your thread/this set is what inspired me to get a set of my own.

You could grab some more blues and make them the nickels. Then grab some non-solids for the $25s. That’s how I did it anyway.
That's not a bad idea! Or I could just convert the blues to nickels and turn my cash game into a $.10/$.25 game I would have enough bank for that.

How are you're holding up? I put on a HEAVY oil and it really seems to have made them more solid. I've had not chips or breaks since I started playing with them.

That's not a bad idea! Or I could just convert the blues to nickels and turn my cash game into a $.10/$.25 game I would have enough bank for that.

How are you're holding up? I put on a HEAVY oil and it really seems to have made them more solid. I've had not chips or breaks since I started playing with them.

I got mine on short notice and put them into play right away without oiling. Only got to use them twice so far as my crew plays mostly tournaments, but they seemed to do okay. Maybe a crumble or two at the end of each night.

I actually just racked them up from their first oiling. Definitely improved the looks!

I got mine on short notice and put them into play right away without oiling. Only got to use them twice so far as my crew plays mostly tournaments, but they seemed to do okay. Maybe a crumble or two at the end of each night.

I actually just racked them up from their first oiling. Definitely improved the looks!
I'm telling you, that's going to improve durability. At least is did for me.

@longflop Have any specifics on how much you've spent on all this? Just getting started myself. I'd be interested to know what one year of collecting really looks like.

No hard feelings if you'd rather not share.

@longflop Have any specifics on how much you've spent on all this? Just getting started myself. I'd be interested to know what one year of collecting really looks like.

No hard feelings if you'd rather not share.
I'll have to add it up. The vegas chips were a throw in for buying a case. I cant remember what I spent on the coin inlays. The spirit molds were about .37 per chip and the CPS were about .55 per chip. I can't remember what the plaques were. The cards were maybe about $50 total.

I'm gonna have to update this picture once I get the 1,000 8V's done. This hobby grabs you man, and you don't see it coming!

Tournament set. I am currently working out the label with @p5woody. The only hint I can give at this point is that it is a Maryland Themed set.

He did the art on my Beggar's Card Room set. These are going to look great!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom