First Try with the Chip Design Tool (1 Viewer)

No expertise here but agree with above comment that tri pattern seems repetitive. I like colors of .50, 25, 1k, 5k. Original 5k the most. Prefer the more complicated 1k pattern and then to original 5k.

Original $1 reminded me a bit too much of Ysabel $1, and I think for that reason I was also reminded of Ysabel $2 for your $5, even though significant differences.

I must admit I simply like white for a $1 -

Ones.JPG

I too like Version A more than Version B.

It's interesting you thought your first $5K was "too busy". The two other spots you've shown for that chip both seem much busier to me, but I guess we have different notions of what "busy" means. I agree with the other posters here: I like your first version of the $5K more than the other two. But of course, design for yourself and not us. :)

I'd be interested to see if you could incorporate one of the "V" spot designs into the series somewhere (the large spot surrounding a smaller spot, e.g. 4V12). I don't think your set needs to be a menagerie of all possible designs, but the V and the half-moon ("TRIM") designs are so distinctive and elegant that they are worth trying to include if an appropriate place for them can be found. I think your use of half-moons for the $1 is perfect, especially sandwiched between the frac and the $5 in Version A (less so in Version B, but still good). Maybe a V spot would work for your $5K? It might address what you consider the busy-ness of your first design? And if the $5K is the highest denom in your set, then that would definitely be a good place for a V spot, imho - something to make it really stand out as a prize chip.

Thanks for sharing your design thoughts out in the open like this. It's been great getting to follow along with your journey.

A few tweaks from me too.
I think there should be a somewhat bigger differentiation between the $25 and the $1,00, since they may be playing in the same game.
The $5,000 is great as either 4TA181418 or 8D18 (not a fan of the 6D18A).
I made sure to add some contrast.
Bear in mind that colors appear brighter on any screen, in relation to reality; anyway always do a reality check against you color sample set.
WW.png

Here's a line-up from $5 to $10,000 I voluntarily drafted for @Windwalker before discovering he in fact plays much lower stakes in general:D
Uploaded with his consent.
Top set.png

I had three colors change after seeing the color samples in person, and this was after a long period of tinkering on the chip creator & feeling pretty settled. (Blurple, Dayglo Tiger, and Retro Red were swapped in, the creator tool doesn’t do them justice IMO)

Having all the various samples also solidified my choice to go oversized, which changed the available spot patterns...The process truly starts when you have the samples in hand
Got any mockups of the set you are putting together?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom