First time playing around with the chip design tool. All feedback welcomed. (2 Viewers)

davislane

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Got the bug this evening and decided to have a play around with the chip design tool. After recently seeing the riverboat quarter pie chips I was inspired to create a half pie "two"-tone set. I would appreciate any feedback.

Attachments

• two tone set.png
    two tone set.png
    438.3 KB · Views: 313
Not a bad set, but it lacks a bit of diversity imo :)

Try adding some different edgespot patterns maybe?

In my opinion a two-tone set looks better as quarter-pies. Do you have a color sample from CPC to check if there is sufficient contrast? Three similar colors on a chip are difficult to accomplish with success.

I think wider spots could look better in this concept. Consider spots of a completely different color, or spots of the colour of the opposite half. Or maybe dropping the spots and select the two of thee three colors of each chip optimizing contrast.

In my opinion a two-tone set looks better as quarter-pies. Do you have a color sample from CPC to check if there is sufficient contrast? Three similar colors on a chip are difficult to accomplish with success.

I think wider spots could look better in this concept. Consider spots of a completely different color, or spots of the colour of the opposite half. Or maybe dropping the spots and select the two of thee three colors of each chip optimizing contrast.
I have done a revision with the 1/4 design. I did a version with wider spots but i wasnt a fan personally. I have yet to order a colour same set from CPC. Its on my list of things to buy. I tried with wider edgespots but i personally wasnt a fan.

Still don’t care for the 14 spots. The problem with trying to design a tri tone 1/4 pie set is the more chip denominations you want, the harder it gets without sharing similar colors across multiple chips

Not sure if this is a concern for you but keep in mind that your last markup will run you close to $4000. Maybe more.
Not if I get them printed on some ceramics! :LOL: :laugh: I was just having a play to get a feel for colour combinations, patterns, etc. When I finally ship a big tourney I will be able to pony up the $$$$

I think the quarter pie design is a great improvement. When I was trying three-tone quarter-pie designs some weeks ago, I found that having two quarters of the darkest of the three colors worked better for me. I understand the logic behind this solution though.

I dunno, I like the original post the best. It's unique, I've never seen anyone use that spot pattern for an entire chip set, and I actually think it looks really cool. I'd just say that some of the colors don't provide enough contrast, so that would need to be fixed. But I actually liked the concept!

I'd just say that some of the colors don't provide enough contrast
+1 to that. Having done a monochromatic pie set and failed to include enough contrast on a couple of chips, I beg you learn from my experience. To redo the chips is a costly mistake.

If you're looking to stay somewhat monochromatic while using a different take on pies, perhaps something like this. In barrels they almost look like 8v's. Not sure how much I like the look of the faces - it's a bit too chaotic for my preferences. I'm just riffing on your initial concept.

1595445067154.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom