First Time Golfing (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
My company recently donated to Everyday Blessings (a great charity that keeps siblings together from homes they were rescued from where they were abused or neglected) and participated in a golf tournament. The thing is, none of us are golfers! I had never golfed in my life (aside from miniature golf, which you'd think I would be a boss at, but I suck!)

Needless to say, we knew we needed to make up in image what we lacked in skill, so we came correct for this event! Held at Cheval Golf Course in Lutz, FL we were thrust into an 18-hole course and good lord I had no idea what an intense workout it would be!

This was held Saturday afternoon and my body still aches Monday morning.

I never really had an interest in golf, as it looks really boring on tv. But the scenery and peacefulness of the course I could definitely enjoy. And all four members of our team managed some decent hits (we played best ball) that carried us through each hole, although my boss was definitely the better golfer of the bunch. My buddy Johnny (in the American flag getup) wound up chipping really badly and I couldn't help but utter "this is a sad day...…...for America"

We had GPS enabled golf carts that would tell us what holes we were at, would auto-stop and force us to reverse and get back on the right path, etc. They had music channels you could play and you could even order food and drink and have it delivered to you on the course!

When all was said and done (including the raffle and 50/50) I believe over $40,000 was raised to support the charity. We had a great meal and got to hang out with our customers in a non-work environment and our team was even brought up and given gift certificates for being the best dressed (we had people coming up to us on the course wanting pics with us)

golf1.jpg

golf2.jpg

golf3.jpg

golf4.jpg

And yes, I fully intend to wear this poker/golf getup at a live poker tournament at some point lol

It's that one shot, that will keep reeling you back in
You can have a terrible day, and look back at that one stroke that stuck just right on the green and call it a success.

Reactions: ovo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom