First table build step-by-step. Raised Rail with LEDs (2 Viewers)

Really nice work. I like how you’ve kept the cup holders away from the table and rail. Can you post a picture of how you’ve attached them?
+1 for this. I built my table last year and I’m itching to add something to it seeing as I can’t actually play on it these look great!

Looks great. Also looking for additional cup holder photos.

Thanks for the feedback, I'd like to post additional photos of the cup holder but out of town for a week. I ended up going to Home Depot and picking up metal connectors (roughly 2" x 12") 16 guage I believe. Bent the connector slightly in the vice and attached under the rail. I can then slide the slide-in cup holders into the narrow slot between the plate and the rail.

Nice, I used build your own poker tables as well for my table. It’s a great site with education and all the materials in the same
place!

nice I had a similar idea for the drink holders. In my case I simply added an additional lip below the table. you can slip the drink holder in between the bottom lip and the rail. are you an engineer?

The blue LEDs matching the felt are really nice. And as everyone else has mentioned., I appreciate that you didn't build the cup holders into the rail.

nice I had a similar idea for the drink holders. In my case I simply added an additional lip below the table. you can slip the drink holder in between the bottom lip and the rail. are you an engineer?
Good stuff Raphmivy, I had a bunch of ideas and settled on the metal plate. Funny you ask about me being an Engineer, I’ma structural engineer and I finally get to use what I went to school for! Ended up getting into software right after I graduated. I took 4 years of school in order to build a poker table, lol

Nice, I used build your own poker tables as well for my table. It’s a great site with education and all the materials in the same
place!
Agreed, I think BYOPT do a pretty good job. In retrospect I prefer a 0.75" gap for the LEDs instead of the proposed 1.5" gap. I also made a 5.5" rail instead of the 4.5" but otherwise followed most of the specs word for word.

The blue LEDs matching the felt are really nice. And as everyone else has mentioned., I appreciate that you didn't build the cup holders into the rail.
Thanks, a little side-note regarding the rail, going with a 5.5" rail has a nice side effect, anyone drinking whiskey out of a rock glass doesn't even need a cup holder, the rail is more than stable for low profile glasses.

Thanks, the underside pictures help. How do players know where slide the cupholders in? Just look under the table? Much easier solution than mine.
Yeah, you can see them pretty easy if you tilt your head down, not necessary to get underneath so pretty convenient. You can also just add the cupholders before the game and pull any that are not needed.

I had no idea how they would turn out but honestly glad I added them now, the players were using them and that's all that matters to me.

Hey, I just started cutting my wood, just a question on the raise rail. It looks like in one of the pics you have 2 risers, beween the table and the rail, so that means your rail is 1.5 inches above the playing surface correct? I'm looking at the BYOPT site as well, and if I follow their build exactly, I will only have 3/4 inch gap for LED and diffuser. speaking just for the diffuser, im thinking I need at lease 1 inch for the diffuser to stand out a bit right? any input on good size of gap/diffuser would be appreciated.

@Bilaloo Sorry, just seeing this post. You are right, my LED raised rail is only the 3/4" height. My diffuser is actually 3/4" opaque tubing from Home Depot. It actually works pretty good and more than adequate for a home game but not as nice as getting a diffuser IMHO.

When I search opaque tubing @ home depot only thing that comes up is the vinyl tube. Is that what you used?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom