First table build step-by-step. Raised Rail with LEDs

JP1984

Pair
Reaction score
Really nice work. I like how you’ve kept the cup holders away from the table and rail. Can you post a picture of how you’ve attached them?
+1 for this. I built my table last year and I’m itching to add something to it seeing as I can’t actually play on it these look great!

CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Also looking for additional cup holder photos.

mkadlec99

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I'd like to post additional photos of the cup holder but out of town for a week. I ended up going to Home Depot and picking up metal connectors (roughly 2" x 12") 16 guage I believe. Bent the connector slightly in the vice and attached under the rail. I can then slide the slide-in cup holders into the narrow slot between the plate and the rail.

PokerDocTX

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Nice, I used build your own poker tables as well for my table. It’s a great site with education and all the materials in the same
place!

Raphmivey

Two Pair
Reaction score
nice I had a similar idea for the drink holders. In my case I simply added an additional lip below the table. you can slip the drink holder in between the bottom lip and the rail. are you an engineer?

turboj623

Sitting Out
Reaction score
The blue LEDs matching the felt are really nice. And as everyone else has mentioned., I appreciate that you didn't build the cup holders into the rail.

mkadlec99

Sitting Out
Reaction score
nice I had a similar idea for the drink holders. In my case I simply added an additional lip below the table. you can slip the drink holder in between the bottom lip and the rail. are you an engineer?
Good stuff Raphmivy, I had a bunch of ideas and settled on the metal plate. Funny you ask about me being an Engineer, I’ma structural engineer and I finally get to use what I went to school for! Ended up getting into software right after I graduated. I took 4 years of school in order to build a poker table, lol

mkadlec99

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Nice, I used build your own poker tables as well for my table. It’s a great site with education and all the materials in the same
place!
Agreed, I think BYOPT do a pretty good job. In retrospect I prefer a 0.75" gap for the LEDs instead of the proposed 1.5" gap. I also made a 5.5" rail instead of the 4.5" but otherwise followed most of the specs word for word.

The blue LEDs matching the felt are really nice. And as everyone else has mentioned., I appreciate that you didn't build the cup holders into the rail.
Thanks, a little side-note regarding the rail, going with a 5.5" rail has a nice side effect, anyone drinking whiskey out of a rock glass doesn't even need a cup holder, the rail is more than stable for low profile glasses.

Top Bottom