First table build...scared to post this (1 Viewer)

megarises

Flush
Reaction score
I recently built a table...or I guess more appropriately a table topper. I am not a handy person whatsoever, but with the help of a friend, I managed to build something that I am personally very proud of. I know, I know wooden rail. I wanted it to come off more rugged and vintage looking since I ordered a larger 84" table with a padded rail. I found a cheap used oak table on Facebook marketplace and then added this 48"rail and insert. It is far from perfect, I've been hesitant to post this because my fear is it will end up in the ugly table thread lol. Photos are slightly deceiving it looks like the rail doesn't cover the entirety of the original table but it does.

IMG_2288.JPG
IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2300.JPG

And here's a photo of me destroying my first home game tournament from this past Friday. I'm holding about 97% of the chips at this point. Never fear the horseshoe chips, they have officially been replaced with...

IMG_2318.JPG

Hope you guys like it! I'm proud of it no matter what!

Great build well done! Im glad to see the dreaded curse of playing on yer own built table didnt hit you lol

Damn, that looks good!

Can you tell us more about the build process?

What kind of wood did you use? Edge banding?

What kind of stain and poly?

I'd be really happy to be able to play on a table like that! And those Rounders!

Congrats!

That table is just fine - do a search here at PCF for the Fugly Table thread you will see things that never should have existed and your table DEFINITELY DOES NOT belong there

Looks awesome, very classy! Great job!

I was actually thinking about trying something similar recently. Awesome inspiration piece!

Rounding over the top edge of the wooden rail will go a long way towards making it acceptably comfortable for long-term play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom