First set complete! (1 Viewer)

UncleMarlin

High Hand
Reaction score
Just thought I’d share my first completed set. Could’ve done it a lot quicker but took about half a year spacing out the spending. Decided to go with Jack Cincinnatis!

We play 10c/20c, so the $5 chip is 5c, the $25 25c and so on. The only predicament was that $25,000 chips to act as $25 are quite expensive, so picked up some of the 25 promos as placeholders. Besides, throwing down a big chip and announcing all in is always a good time.

Here’s a pic!

Attachments

• E53C0703-3C3B-44FE-ABE2-5CEAFD5F6EF4.jpeg
    E53C0703-3C3B-44FE-ABE2-5CEAFD5F6EF4.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 282
Thanks! There’s just one problem- gotta convince myself not to build a second so soon….

Beautiful set. We are playing the same blinds and also use the Dollars as Cents. Congrats!

Would it feel right to stop now collecting something new ;-) i bet: no…

I’d share my first completed set
Congratz Man

We play 10c/20c, so the $5 chip is 5c, the $25 25c and so on. The only predicament was that $25,000 chips to act as $25 are quite expensive
I used $1 as 10c $5 as 50c $25 as $2.50 when playing 10/20c with a $1/2 cash set.

You can try it out as $1 are one of the cheapest denomination to add on

Thanks! There’s just one problem- gotta convince myself not to build a second so soon….
Soon you will thinking how many different sets you should have.

its a problem if you dont.....
+1

Last edited:
@UncleMarlin - Congrats man! Beware though...that slope is so very slippery.

I started off just before the last Jack Cincinnati TCR sale and was "just" going to build a JC tournament set. Then I was "just" going to build a THC relabel cash set...because you need both, right? Then my grail set came up for sale so I sold all my THCs and bought that...but it was another tourney set, and I still need a cash set right? So then I found out I REALLY liked Abbiati's, and so I built a re-label Park Place cash set and I was DONE! Except then I found those awesome old-school 1978 Saraha hot stamps and decided I needed a limit set. Which made me realize how much I love SGKs and LGKs, and then I built a Ponce de Leon travel set...and now I'm scooping Dragonara's like they're crack. Somewhere/somehow in that story I ended up with a beater Majestic Star set and Dia de los Muertos ceramic set as well.

TLDR: Strap in buddy, if you're anything like most folks here on PCF your wallet could truly be absolutely fucked going forward. :LOL: :laugh:

200w.gif

Congratz Man

I used $1 as 10c $5 as 50c $25 as $2.50 when playing 10/20c with a $1/2 cash set.

You can try it out as $1 are one of the cheapest denomination to add on
Will definitely keep that in mind! I’ve got a barrel of $1s we use very rarely as NCV chips, either as $2 or something when the game gets big. Good tip as it’s a lot more cost effective.

Just thought I’d share my first completed set. Could’ve done it a lot quicker but took about half a year spacing out the spending. Decided to go with Jack Cincinnatis!

We play 10c/20c, so the $5 chip is 5c, the $25 25c and so on. The only predicament was that $25,000 chips to act as $25 are quite expensive, so picked up some of the 25 promos as placeholders. Besides, throwing down a big chip and announcing all in is always a good time.

Here’s a pic!
Congrats on your new set! Well worth the wait!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom