First set - Cash game denom's & quantity (1 Viewer)

R_oh_double_B

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Looking to put together my first set. I play cash games with two different groups, so want to ensure the set I put together will cover both... One group is a initial $40 buy-in, normally ending at $100 in by the end of the night ~6-8 players. The other group is more bullshit, and lower stakes at $20-$40. Realistically id prefer to cater my set to the first group as we play more often, and feel the game has the legs to keep going for longevity... When we play now, we typically have a .25/.50/1/5/20, however I have seen several posts now where it seems having the .50 frac in addition to the .25 is a sin! So I am currently looking at a .25/1/5/25 (really wouldnt mind having a .50 as well, but if it will slow down play as others have suggested then im all for eliminating it...) just unsure of the breakdown, or if I have that correct on denoms... It is a dealer choice game, typical quarter ante to get cards, initial bets (in the beginning of the night) are .50-1 and progress decently from there. Let me know if there's any other information that would help out. Appreciate the help!

Yeah, play 0.25/0.25 with one group and 0.25/0.50 with the other. You might need extra quarters for the lower stakes group because you'd expect more limping.

I might have something flexible for your needs if you want to PM me to discuss.

Those games are pretty much going to use the same chips, I’d probably only use a single 25c blind in the smaller game.

Set breakdown:
25c. 100
$1. 200
$5. 200
$25. 40

plenty of bank for your game.

100 xND fracs in case your game grows
200 x$1
200 X$5
100X$20 or even $25

What specific games are you playing?

What specific games are you playing?
Everything and anything... typical games:
Holdem
Omaha
7 stud & variations - Chicago, etc..
5 draw

A few others that are just random games. Always looking for a list of new games to bring to the table

Looking to put together my first set. I play cash games with two different groups, so want to ensure the set I put together will cover both... One group is a initial $40 buy-in, normally ending at $100 in by the end of the night ~6-8 players. The other group is more bullshit, and lower stakes at $20-$40. Realistically id prefer to cater my set to the first group as we play more often, and feel the game has the legs to keep going for longevity... When we play now, we typically have a .25/.50/1/5/20, however I have seen several posts now where it seems having the .50 frac in addition to the .25 is a sin! So I am currently looking at a .25/1/5/25 (really wouldnt mind having a .50 as well, but if it will slow down play as others have suggested then im all for eliminating it...) just unsure of the breakdown, or if I have that correct on denoms... It is a dealer choice game, typical quarter ante to get cards, initial bets (in the beginning of the night) are .50-1 and progress decently from there. Let me know if there's any other information that would help out. Appreciate the help!
I see you posted, then bailed. But if you do happen to see this, and have your breakdown figured out, AND can make a decision in the next 24 hours or so - here is a great opportunity to grab some fantastic cash game chips!

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...up-buy-10k-chips-reached-ordering-soon.65789/

Available in all the small denominations you could ask for. Great looking and CHEAP! If you're patient. Could be a 2-3 month (or more) turnaround.

The advantage of cash game chips is you don't need the spread of a tourney set which can range upto 500x BB. Within one denom you should be able to select a chipset and play a decent single table game with 600 chips w/o worry.

I see you posted, then bailed. But if you do happen to see this, and have your breakdown figured out, AND can make a decision in the next 24 hours or so - here is a great opportunity to grab some fantastic cash game chips!

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...up-buy-10k-chips-reached-ordering-soon.65789/

Available in all the small denominations you could ask for. Great looking and CHEAP! If you're patient. Could be a 2-3 month (or more) turnaround.
I’m still here lurking!
Appreciate you sharing the group buy. Those chips looks good, however just not happy with the labeling or the colors on some of the denoms... they’re not speaking to me so I’m going to have to pass. My eyes are definitely out on the classifieds tho . Thanks again for posting this.

I’m still here lurking!
Appreciate you sharing the group buy. Those chips looks good, however just not happy with the labeling or the colors on some of the denoms... they’re not speaking to me so I’m going to have to pass. My eyes are definitely out on the classifieds tho . Thanks again for posting this.

If you are interested in evaluating some samples of popular chip types, feel free to sign up in the thread below:

FREE loan of Paulson clay and Bud Jones plastic samples, especially for new chippers! See inside for rules.... | Poker Chip Forum

I’m still here lurking!
If you haven't read any of the cards mold GB threads, these chips are available in many great designs, OR in your own CUSTOM DESIGN. So if you don't care for the New China Club design, there are quite a few more. Or for a little money to a designer, come up with anything you like. For about 35 cents a chip. Amazing!

You didn't specify a price range, did you? I understand that these might not be attractive if you're looking for Paulson's or another compressed clay chip, so maybe let us know that and we can be of more assistance.

Get quarters or the 0.50, I wouldn’t bother having both of them in a set.

a decent flexible breakdown to start with would be

200x$0.25
200x$1
300x$5
100x$20 or 25 (either or, but don’t need both)

And if you wish when ready, I would then add more $5’s, $20/25’s, and say a rack of $100’s or so and you’ll have a nice sized set to carry you for many years to come.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom