First poker table- Excited to break it in! (1 Viewer)

NotRealNameNoSir

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
A friend's father worked on movie sets when we were kids and he brought back an old rickety table with a set of dice chips; Im sure they were meant to be for some highroller scene, and for us it was! $5 buyin and the winner would buy the Chinese takeout, some of the most fun I've had. I would get so frustrated when they'd yell "HAAA-OOONNEEE!" And bet a single chip when the min was 2.

In the past month I've been married, picked up a puppy, AND picked up this beauty for $300! Incredibly excited to break it in, my first table, I've waited decades. Felt is kinda Sons of Anarchy for my taste but the felt and leather are untouched. Folding legs, cupholders, Im in heaven.
20220914_164529.jpg

Last edited:
Youre both appreciated, yeah, Im not sure if it was a divorce or what; showed up on Facebook marketplace and I rented a truck just to grab it.

Story is hilarious, I miss those garage days when I was trying to learn and everyone else was actively trying to piss me off. None of us were any good but I was exploitable!
I digged the story! Table is a steal at 300

Totally a steal yes

Yeah that felt is definitely a specific taste.
Replacing a felt is actually so much easier to do than you’d think - look into it.
Nice table!

Crazy deal and nice story. Congrats on the new table. I almost picked up a table but my wife vetoed me. She thinks they’re all ugly. Hoping the PCF toppers get another group buy. The 70x35 fits my dining table perfectly.

Yeah that felt is definitely a specific taste.
Replacing a felt is actually so much easier to do than you’d think - look into it.
Nice table!
I already wear some big rings, so the wanna-be biker chirps I've gotten will hit even harder once they see the table. Now to buy them all leather vests...

Will do. At some point Ill start a thread about it and work through it. I have a smaller WPT circular table which Im going to practice on, then go after the flying skulls.

I already wear some big rings, so the wanna-be biker chirps I've gotten will hit even harder once they see the table. Now to buy them all leather vests...

Will do. At some point Ill start a thread about it and work through it. I have a smaller WPT circular table which Im going to practice on, then go after the flying skulls.
Yeah I can’t recommend a custom cloth. I just don’t have enough experience. And I did play on a Chatman cloth at least once, but he has actually changed cloths at least once, so who knows which is which.
But I would suggest being very careful about paying big money for a cloth, sight unseen, because I’ve also seen nice custom cloths that I don’t like the feel of.
All I can say for sure is the ssc on my gorilla table is really nice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom