First Paulsons. First time designing a label (1 Viewer)

Wizards around here. Just viewed it on my phone rather than my huge monitor and yep no outline looks better for sure. Thanks fellas.

Now to think of a name and clean it up.

No outlines and I think it is a killer lineup! Congrats on putting together such a nice set. I hope your players appreciate nice chips! I refuse to put nice Paulson's on my felt unless I was to have an all PCF game!

All the way to the right! I prefer the thicker zia stripes and the larger denom text.
I did at first too, but after sleeping on it, the less pronounced Zia I think I prefer. Going to make it just a tad thicker.
No outlines and I think it is a killer lineup! Congrats on putting together such a nice set. I hope your players appreciate nice chips! I refuse to put nice Paulson's on my felt unless I was to have an all PCF game!
Thank you thank you. This set will probably see the most use out of all of them. Cash games are a rarity unfortunately.
Now, compare it to the OP and take a bow. Nice work! :tup:
You should see where the concept first started lol

ziachipdraft.png

Lol I think we both noticed that at the same time. Just finished editing the post when you commented.

Man I really dig this design. I seriously wish I knew how to do graphics like this. I've been trying for less than 24 hours to use illustrator to make a simple poker felt design and I'm to the point of throwing my monitor across the room. You guys make it look so easy.

The colors on the chips are fantastic.

I don't hate it. The longer I sit on it the more I think it may wear on me.

Other name ideas:

-Sol Naciente Card Room (Rising Sun in Spanish)

-Tierra del Sol Card Room (Land of the Sun)

-Desert Wilderness Card Room

I think using state animal/bird/etc. could be okay, but then it begs the question of whether or not that should be represented on the chip.

Any specific parts of the state (or town you are from) you are connected to that would make a good potential name?

Man I really dig this design. I seriously wish I knew how to do graphics like this. I've been trying for less than 24 hours to use illustrator to make a simple poker felt design and I'm to the point of throwing my monitor across the room. You guys make it look so easy.

The colors on the chips are fantastic.

Thanks. I’m no guru but been doing it for a few years and just taught myself. The creative idea and concept of something is the hard part. Spend a week and 2 with illustrator and I bet you can make your idea come to life.

Other name ideas:

-Sol Naciente Card Room (Rising Sun in Spanish)

-Tierra del Sol Card Room (Land of the Sun)

-Desert Wilderness Card Room

I think using state animal/bird/etc. could be okay, but then it begs the question of whether or not that should be represented on the chip.

Any specific parts of the state (or town you are from) you are connected to that would make a good potential name?
You’re good at this. I did consider using Roadrunner but had the same thought of well then it should be on the chip. Connections to the state would be Ruidoso/Alto, Clovis, and Las Cruces. Names for things always take me forever. Enchanted is wearing on me though.

Last edited:
@Saoliver do the green Karl’s you have pop in person? The lime green is what I was planning on using for the T25 but in this mock-up I used Day Green because the Paulson lime green photo looked terrible lol.

Colors I was planning on and pictured besides green are:

Lime green
Black or Showboat
Fuchsia
Blaze Orange
Horizon Blue

306BA90D-AEBE-460E-907B-BFB903EEC569.png

E5CB42A0-89F9-4F2F-8B2C-98AADC07F528.png

@Saoliver do the green Karl’s you have pop in person? The lime green is what I was planning on using for the T25 but in this mock-up I used Day Green because the Paulson lime green photo looked terrible lol.

Colors I was planning on and pictured besides green are:

Lime green
Black or Showboat
Fuchsia
Blaze Orange
Horizon Blue

View attachment 331172
View attachment 331173
Yes. They are really cool. If oiled they would really pop, but I haven't oiled any of them. That picture is not mine, so I cannot say for sure they it wasn’t enhanced. But I don’t think it was. The picture below is mine, taken with my iPhone. I can say for sure that it was not enhanced.
8C320E47-E1AE-4DA2-BC5B-E56683188C17.jpeg

You’re good at this. I did consider using Roadrunner but had the same though of well then it should be on the chip. Connections to the state would be Ruidoso/Alto, Clovis, and Las Cruces. Names for things always take me forever. Enchanted is wearing on me though.

The way you designed "Enchanted" on the chip in your mockups looks fantastic to me (and sounds great too). But, alas, this is not my set - it's yours! If you are into creating a Spanish name for the set, another idea that popped up was using the state nickname in Spanish - "Tierra del Encanto"

But, keeping the set named "Enchanted" leaves room to use these other naming ideas for other items in your poker room. You could use the Roadrunner or Black Bear on bounty chips/etc. in the future.

Yes. They are really cool. If oiled they would really pop, but I haven't oiled any of them. That picture is not mine, so I cannot say for sure they it wasn’t enhanced. But I don’t think it was. The picture below is mine, taken with my iPhone. I can say for sure that it was not enhanced.
View attachment 331174
Excellent. Appreciated. I think I’ll stick with lime green in that case. Don’t happen to have a day green to compare do you?
The way you designed "Enchanted" on the chip in your mockups looks fantastic to me (and sounds great too). But, alas, this is not my set - it's yours! If you are into creating a Spanish name for the set, another idea that popped up was using the state nickname in Spanish - "Tierra del Encanto"

But, keeping the set named "Enchanted" leaves room to use these other naming ideas for other items in your poker room. You could use the Roadrunner or Black Bear on bounty chips/etc. in the future.
I really think enchanted is going to stick. It’s simple and does what it’s supposed to. Thanks for the help there.

Excellent. Appreciated. I think I’ll stick with lime green in that case. Don’t happen to have a day green to compare do you?

I really think enchanted is going to stick. It’s simple and does what it’s supposed to. Thanks for the help there.
I have Scandia $25s. I think that the spot on those are day green. If I remember tonight, I will get a picture with them together.

Thanks. I’m no guru but been doing it for a few years and just taught myself. The creative idea and concept of something is the hard part. Spend a week and 2 with illustrator and I bet you can make your idea come to life.

You’re good at this. I did consider using Roadrunner but had the same thought of well then it should be on the chip. Connections to the state would be Ruidoso/Alto, Clovis, and Las Cruces. Names for things always take me forever. Enchanted is wearing on me though.
I'll just leave it to the pros. I have the program so I'll keep playing with it but I'm not holding my breath.

I have Scandia $25s. I think that the spot on those are day green. If I remember tonight, I will get a picture with them together.
Nice. Would definitely be appreciated.

More chips showed up today for this set. Finally get to see blaze in person. It is awesome.

3949B8FF-FE09-41AE-804A-7AE8618AE98F.jpeg

And before I go on a spending spree some more, the middle barrel in this pic should be Horizon blue correct?

wHUV7wV.jpg

Are you doing your own graphics? Nice job...

Thank you sir. Sure am. Taught myself illustrator a few years ago. I have a small business as a side gig designing and selling Jeep related shirts, hats, stickers etc. Glad the skill is coming in handy elsewhere.

Thank you sir. Sure am. Taught myself illustrator a few years ago. I have a small business as a side gig designing and selling Jeep related shirts, hats, stickers etc. Glad the skill is coming in handy elsewhere.
You want some freelance work...I have a Jeep themed tournament label and a cash label that I need designed. PM?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom