First Paulsons. First time designing a label (1 Viewer)

JeepologyOffroad

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Going to be milling and labeling a THC solids tourney set. Are there any rules to keep in mind when designing a good label?

I have a very rough draft/concept here. May get scrapped all together who knows. I’m from New Mexico so I originally had the idea to use the Zia symbol.

5C010DD5-DEBF-4F6D-A824-7F09D49682B3.png

Don’t have a name idea yet either so this is more of an idea/placeholder for the time being.

Thoughts, critiques, changes to make this better? I’m thinking the denom on each chips needs to be bolder and stand out. Any tips are greatly appreciated. I have no idea what I’m doing, but that’s half the fun lol

B7A55C02-FAA3-44D3-8031-0C5AA53DDF7A.jpeg

Thanks. I’m still unsure on the black 100 since the table is black. Was considering showboat. Have some blurple on the way but I’ve never seen blurple in person so I’m not sure how it would look. Plus at least this current lineup is somewhat traditional

Agreed. I’m not set on that font either. Going to mess with it tomorrow. @ekricket also suggested making the denom oversized and red.

Any feedback on the design as a whole? Does it seem too busy? Originally had a much more simplistic idea in my head

Last edited:
Thanks. I’m still unsure on the black 100 since the table is black. Was considering showboat. Have some blurple on the way but I’ve never seen blurple in person so I’m not sure how it would look. Plus at least this current lineup is somewhat traditional
I like this design a lot. I would consider making the denom bigger or bolder somehow.

Maybe the Zia symbol is too bold and takes up quite a bit of real estate. Maybe it should be more subtle. My 2 cents. Hell what do I know. Lol! I’m sure not a designer!

I had the exact same thought actually. Created one with a thinner Zia and it looked terrible. I think I saved it. Will post it up tomorrow.

Dude you got some great colors. Love the lineup.

Thanks. Really wrestled back and forth on the colors. I just like so many it was tough lol. Felt weird not having red or yellow, but I don’t want T5 and a blaze orange 1k is so much better than a yellow :cool

I like this design a lot. I would consider making the denom bigger or bolder somehow.

Thanks. I actually like it a lot too so it’s good to hear I’m not way off base and on the right track. I know when I’m designing Jeep shirts for my side business sometimes I stare at a design so much I find a way to like it when in reality it’s a disaster.

Making the denoms stand out is what I’ll have to play with in my head. Not completely in love with the font of the denom either.

Last edited:

Well done! They look awesome! I would go with showboat grey if your table is black but love the design and color matching :tup:

Well done! They look awesome! I would go with showboat grey if your table is black but love the design and color matching :tup:

Thank you. Really appreciate that coming from your eye. And yeah I'm going to grab a couple showboat and see how I like em beforehand for sure.

Rising sun makes me think of Japan, not New Mexico. YMMV of course

Yep I agree. Same here. Like I said I just made this design yesterday so the name was more of an idea/placeholder and it was the first thing that came to mind since the Zia is rising above the mountains.

I'm terrible with names though so I'm all ears to anyone that wants to spitball and throw some out there.

The denomination don’t doesn't fit the theme to me. Do a good image search for different fonts. I really like the theme. Nice work.

these updates are much better to me. My eyesite isn’t what it once was. I can see these denoms much better! Looking good, can’t wait to see the finished product on these!

If I were to choose one, it would be the one on the right. I like the bigger/bolder 500. But I like the thinner lines of the middle one.

I think you're right. I'm just worried about the white outline on the thinner lines washing out. I'm thinkin numbers as bold and big as feasible and a happy middle ground between the thin and thick zia.

First one here is the same as the middle above, but with larger font. The 5000 takes up the most space font wise so this is really as large as it can get. All the others can get much larger even the 1000

mockupchips6.png

mockupchips7.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom