First Label Guidance(drunk elephant) (1 Viewer)

razer8c

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I plan to do a custom cash set from CPC and would like to iron out my labels before I place an order. I'm decently familiar with GIMP, but it has been several years since i've used it so i'm having some trouble sharpening up my elephant.

I just wanted to see what you all think, i'm not happy with it, but I definitely like the direction its going. I don't imagine getting coke giraffes anytime soon, but I can make some drunk elephants. Feedback on anything is appreciated!!

label.png

I plan to do a custom cash set from CPC and would like to iron out my labels before I place an order. I'm decently familiar with GIMP, but it has been several years since i've used it so i'm having some trouble sharpening up my elephant.

I just wanted to see what you all think, i'm not happy with it, but I definitely like the direction its going. I don't imagine getting coke giraffes anytime soon, but I can make some drunk elephants. Feedback on anything is appreciated!!

View attachment 496669

A long standing idea I’ve had was for a “pink elephant” inlay. Ties into my (poor) career choice.

I was contemplating making this elephant pink or purple once I got it sharpened up

Here's a couple other elephant options. I think i'll either remove the bottle or add the bottom to it.. These probably go better with the font

elephant outline.png

elephant outline X.png

I think you're better off centering the graphic of the element and then arranging the text around it. For fun, try inverting the elephant in relation to the text.

Is this going to be on the Elephant and Crown mold?

Elephant and crown was originally my favorite mold, but now im worried it's too busy. My CPC samples should be here tomorrow so I can see them in person though. I'm going to try out your suggestions, i'll post them here

I plan to do a custom cash set from CPC and would like to iron out my labels before I place an order.

I would say that's a prerequisite ;)

In all seriousness, I love the idea, the attitude, the feel. But you should hire a designer. You've already done better than I could do with GIMP, so not trying to cast aspersions, but you'll get a much, much better product in a much, much shorter time frame than if you do it yourself.

I've made a little more progress and have a couple more edits.

All this is so I can send it to a designer. Its a lot easier and cheaper in my experience to go to a designer having a pretty good idea of what you want and I enjoy doing it. I also needed 10 posts so I can post in the classifieds and this seemed better to me than just making random comments on different threads
elephant draft 3.pngelephant draft 2.png

Much improved imo. A few quick thoughts:

- The layered text might make it tough to read at any distance;
- If you're trying to keep the color scheme in the layered text in the design (which you should, I think; it looks great), one option would be use only 2 layers and spreading all three colors across the font of the name and the denom;
- I'd try to blow the size of the denom up a bit (which will require messing with element placement obv);
- I'd also shrink the $ a bit so that it isn't an equal size as the denom itself.

I made several of your changes and added them to a chip. I'm still not sold on the text, I think it needs a black outline or something because no matter how I change it it still looks too soft.
mockup3.png

I made several of your changes and added them to a chip. I'm still not sold on the text, I think it needs a black outline or something because no matter how I change it it still looks too soft.

Agreed - needs much more definition. This is where one of the designers on the board could be helpful. But I got an eye like a foot, so that ain't me.

One more for the night, I think it looks much better on this chip.

Any advice on:
  • more text definition
  • the ring around the edge
  • eyes or x's
  • anything you like or don't
mockup4.png

I think this solves the definition problem, but I think i'll do something different with the text colors, not sold on the gradient. Any opinions? Disregard the greyed out lettering, not supposed to be there.

If I can ever get a good image of the first elephant i'll do some mockups with that, I think it has more of the look I like. I know there are some designers on here, is there anyone I could reach out to about recreating that line drawing for me? I'm not ready to pay for/do full mockups but I would pay for that at this point.
elephant draft 5.png

I love the concept, especially the front/back combo with drunk eyes.

I vote you grab one of the great designers here & create something amazing. I’m sensing you have the potential for a great fan following.

Thank you, I think mixing up the animals for different denominations is the way to go, so I put together this chicken version and really like the way it looks. I'll have to mock up some chips tomorrow and see how it goes with them. I know that I want to do bright colors on the chips so I just need to find the right balance .

chicken draft.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom