First Heart Break (1 Viewer)

HosStyle

High Hand
Reaction score
So I am very new to the poker chip pursuit game. I recently purchased a tournament set for up to 3 tables (just in case) and am currently working on a logo for a custom cash game set. The plan was to then be done and save. Both my tournament set and future cash game are China Clays. I know they are not the best but they are a huge step up from the ABS chips I’ve grown up on.

I was quickly drawn to the Paulson Classic chips. They are clean simple and beautiful. I was drawn to them so much so that I almost down graded the quality of chips for my tournament set to the lucky Horse Shoe ABS chips that seemed similar in design. I desired against it and moved on but that itch was still in the back of my mind.

2 days ago I saw a thread for a chip set I had never heard of before… Spirit Mold China Clays. It was the perfect in between! How had I not heard or seen these as I had shopped and browsed the interwebs for months on end?! And then I found out, the company that makes them is no longer in business and the chips are gone. As I kept reading threads I found someone talking about purchasing some on HTDepot.com … could it be? Was there a chance? I quickly visited the site and found the chips I’d been looking for! In stock and on sale! How could I be so lucky?! $99.99 for 500. Buying 2 sets would be exactly what I wanted and I could re label them down the road.

I called the company just to see if changing the amount of colors in the case of 500 was an option, but instead of answering my question the lady (who was very friendly and the the sound in her voice like she knew she was breaking my heart as the words came out of her mouth) said those chips are completely sold out and they are going out of business so there will be none available in the future.

I would have never guessed that I could be heart broken over poker chips. But here I sit, writing a post to my new found poker chip friends on the internet, heart broken & confused. Thanks for reading and if anyone has sets of these spirit mold chips I’d sure love to see em.

Attachments

• 8A98FC94-444C-487B-ADFE-2252B422553D.jpeg
    8A98FC94-444C-487B-ADFE-2252B422553D.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 0569730A-C168-4585-937B-774B0D9973C8.jpeg
    0569730A-C168-4585-937B-774B0D9973C8.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 219
  • D028131F-0056-41F9-9D62-0932032FBD68.jpeg
    D028131F-0056-41F9-9D62-0932032FBD68.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 221
I'm sure you've heard / read about our friends over at https://www.apachepokerchips.com/ - if you are looking for some relabel projects 43mm chips in any configuration you'd want could be had on a budget that is friendly by comparison
I have! They are awesome! This 43mm is actually what I building my cash game from! Very excited about them!

Definitely worth searching and reading about "cards mold" chips on this forum. They're ceramic custom chips that everyone raves about, for good reason. They're fully customizable, though you may have to pay a designer for a custom design if you aren't privy to that stuff. The shipping may also take a good bit before they get to you since they ship from China, but worth a check into it.

Check out the thread here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-mold-showcase.69344/

Definitely worth searching and reading about "cards mold" chips on this forum. They're ceramic custom chips that everyone raves about, for good reason. They're fully customizable, though you may have to pay a designer for a custom design if you aren't privy to that stuff. The shipping may also take a good bit before they get to you since they ship from China, but worth a check into it.

Check out the thread here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-mold-showcase.69344/
I like this idea but I need to get a few in my hands. To this point I have not liked the feel of ceramic chips.

I have! They are awesome! This 43mm is actually what I building my cash game from! Very excited about them!
I prefer 43mm, so I decided to go the ceramic path. I can do custom art as well. I'm building out my second set. I've had great success with BRPro!

I prefer 43mm, so I decided to go the ceramic path. I can do custom art as well. I'm building out my second set. I've had great success with BRPro!
I’ve heard good things! I’m going to have BRPro do my custom bounty chips and custome dealer chip.

I like this idea but I need to get a few in my hands. To this point I have not liked the feel of ceramic chips.
You might be surprised. I was dead set on getting paulson's or a set of China clays. I got a sample set of those ceramic card molds chips and was genuinely surprised and ended up liking them more than I could have imagined. Definitely worth getting some sample sets of things that may interest you. They certainly aren't for everyone but that's why you get samples!

As I kept reading threads I found someone talking about purchasing some on HTDepot.com … could it be? Was there a chance? I quickly visited the site and found the chips I’d been looking for! In stock and on sale! How could I be so lucky?! $99.99 for 500. Buying 2 sets would be exactly what I wanted and I could re label them down the road.

I called the company just to see if changing the amount of colors in the case of 500 was an option, but instead of answering my question the lady (who was very friendly and the the sound in her voice like she knew she was breaking my heart as the words came out of her mouth) said those chips are completely sold out and they are going out of business so there will be none available in the future.

Welcome, friend. I feel your pain.

Sadly, that's not the only poker chip retailer website that's out of date and out of business. They're ghosts haunting the internet, existing only to dangle hope and excitement in front of us and then snatch it away moments later.

You might consider this set currently in the classifieds: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/1-000-chip-cash-set-progen80-clays.83028/#post-1699942 - They're Progen 80s, and while I can't attest to how similar they are to Spirit Molds, others can. Be sure to do a search on the forum to read about them. They of course have a different mold design than the SMs, but I personally find both molds to be rather attractive, and many would say the P80's greek key mold is more attractive than the Spirit design.

Welcome, friend. I feel your pain.

Sadly, that's not the only poker chip retailer website that's out of date and out of business. They're ghosts haunting the internet, existing only to dangle hope and excitement in front of us and then snatch it away moments later.

You might consider this set currently in the classifieds: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/1-000-chip-cash-set-progen80-clays.83028/#post-1699942 - They're Progen 80s, and while I can't attest to how similar they are to Spirit Molds, others can. Be sure to do a search on the forum to read about them. They of course have a different mold design than the SMs, but I personally find both molds to be rather attractive, and many would say the P80's greek key mold is more attractive than the Spirit design.
This is actually the thread I was reading when I first heard of the SM. This looks like a great cash game set up but I’d still need more colors for quarters and maybe even nickels. I was really hoping for a tournament set but I am very interested still in this deal!

The 43mm Royals from Apache are great chips for the price! I have never seen or held Spirit Molds? Remember not all China Clay's are made the same, some don't hold up well and start crumbling over time so definitely do your research!

So you own Classics but the set is not large enough to cover the 3 table game? Any Hope's for expanding that one down the road? I came to the forum looking for 08 ABS slugged plastics and dreaming of 05 CDIs, never saw this one coming or that I would be that broke for so long! Lol but I love the chips!
20210110_134804.jpg

Like others said, we all get heart broken from time to time chipping but there will always be another opportunity at amazing chips!

Hang in there and hopefully you will find some others to cherish!

Ben

So I am very new to the poker chip pursuit game. I recently purchased a tournament set for up to 3 tables (just in case) and am currently working on a logo for a custom cash game set. The plan was to then be done and save. Both my tournament set and future cash game are China Clays. I know they are not the best but they are a huge step up from the ABS chips I’ve grown up on.

I was quickly drawn to the Paulson Classic chips. They are clean simple and beautiful. I was drawn to them so much so that I almost down graded the quality of chips for my tournament set to the lucky Horse Shoe ABS chips that seemed similar in design. I desired against it and moved on but that itch was still in the back of my mind.

2 days ago I saw a thread for a chip set I had never heard of before… Spirit Mold China Clays. It was the perfect in between! How had I not heard or seen these as I had shopped and browsed the interwebs for months on end?! And then I found out, the company that makes them is no longer in business and the chips are gone. As I kept reading threads I found someone talking about purchasing some on HTDepot.com … could it be? Was there a chance? I quickly visited the site and found the chips I’d been looking for! In stock and on sale! How could I be so lucky?! $99.99 for 500. Buying 2 sets would be exactly what I wanted and I could re label them down the road.

I would have never guessed that I could be heart broken over poker chips. But here I sit, writing a post to my new found poker chip friends on the internet, heart broken & confused. Thanks for reading and if anyone has sets of these spirit mold chips I’d sure love to see em.
Heart break? Sounds like you had your spirit broken..... :cool

The 43mm Royals from Apache are great chips for the price! I have never seen or held Spirit Molds? Remember not all China Clay's are made the same, some don't hold up well and start crumbling over time so definitely do your research!

So you own Classics but the set is not large enough to cover the 3 table game? Any Hope's for expanding that one down the road? I came to the forum looking for 08 ABS slugged plastics and dreaming of 05 CDIs, never saw this one coming or that I would be that broke for so long! Lol but I love the chips!
View attachment 825456
Like others said, we all get heart broken from time to time chipping but there will always be another opportunity at amazing chips!

Hang in there and hopefully you will find some others to cherish!

Ben
Wow! What an absolutely beautiful set! I don’t have any Paulson classics, that is my dream for down the road (much saving required) these chips “SM” I just learned about out of nowhere and seemed like an amazing in between that would satisfy without having to spend the really big bucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom