First custom set arrived

warma

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rest of my order arrived today. Full set (well, one of each) below.
8C267BC5-AFF0-4BC9-8061-2EEA08592E6A.jpeg

Cleaning and oiling come next.
Thanks all for the advice and inspiration.

Now if only I could host a game....

monkeydog

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Nice set. What is the story behind the inlays? And who stamped the quarter?

warma

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Each represents a fun milestone in my poker journey.

La Bufadora: we used to head down to Baja California with a group of fathers and sons each spring as kids. We camped on the beach south of La Bufadora. The dads would buy & grill a trash bag full of lobster, hire a mariachi band, & play poker until the late hours while us kids played on the beach. Thin cheap plastic poker chips. But they had fun and I wanted to play.

LJPC: A group of buddies and I started a group in high school. Nickel, dime, quarter. We’d play from 7pm to 2am on a regular basis.

CA Gold: I started a group when I lived in the SF Bay area. Tournaments & cash games with some awesome guys. I later went to Cal for grad school & kept the games going.

B St: I used to live in DC and had a cash game there with some dads. There is no B St in DC.

Woodmont Farms: This mirrors a logo my great-grandfather had for his farm in the Midwest. I updated the dog to match our new rescue. Cute thing that she is. I had just established a new cash game when... blamo!

I was going to stick with LJPC, because I always wanted to make that chip, but realized I hadn’t played there in a long time, and had some other fun places under my belt.

As for the stamp- that was @David Spragg, designed by @chipjoker.

Last edited:
Top Bottom