First cash set advice (1 Viewer)

cruzer

Waiting List
Reaction score
Looking to get my first cash set and wondering what a decent set is to get me started. Came across progen80s but was told it's hard to find fracs. Now looking into "Card Mold China Clays". Any other advice to even take a step back from those for my first set would be appreciated!

Looking to get my first cash set and wondering what a decent set is to get me started. Came across progen80s but was told it's hard to find fracs. Now looking into "Card Mold China Clays". Any other advice to even take a step back from those for my first set would be appreciated!

you can order cards mold chips from China or in the USA from some ceramic chip makers cost is ~30-40cents from China and ~60-90cents in the USA (+/-)...benefits of ordering in the USA is that the blanks are standard and you can reorder add-ons that will look that same later on....the Chinese orders are honestly a one shot deal, you need to order everything or risk quality control inconsistencies with add-ons or even between chips. Also US producers will hold your design. Some members from PCF have seen their custom chips marketed and sold from some of the Chinese producers of Cards mold chips simply because the design is great but you lose some chip security potentially.

here is a similar thread from just a day or two ago regarding #'s....really all depends on the stakes you plan to play and the number of players involved plus desired chip stack size. how many chips for cash

Last edited:
I would suggest learning a little about the various types of chips, considering the break down based off the game you typically play and go from there.

We've created a walk through for you

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/new-members-start-here.85303/#post-1750232
Thank you for the resource!

you can order cards mold chips from China or in the USA from some ceramic chip makers cost is ~30-40cents from China and ~60-90cents in the USA (+/-)...benefits of ordering in the USA is that the blanks are standard and you can reorder add-ons that will look that same later on....the Chinese orders are honestly a one shot deal, you need to order everything or risk quality control inconsistencies with add-ons or even between chips. Also US producers will hold your design. Some members from PCF have seen their custom chips marketed and sold from some of the Chinese producers of Cards mold chips simply because the design is great but you lose some chip security potentially.

here is a similar thread from just a day or two ago regarding #'s....really all depends on the stakes you plan to play and the number of players involved plus desired chip stack size. how many chips for cash
I appreciate you sharing that knowledge!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom