First attempt at mock ups - feedback wanted (2 Viewers)

Eriks

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not sure I’ll do custom CPCs but it’s really fun and addictive to play with the design tool. And seeing some of the amazing sets that people have really makes me consider this option. This is my first attempt at a cash set. Would love some feedback on colors and spot progression. What works, what doesn’t and why. Thanks for looking! 1/5/25/100/500:

2DB0BDEB-264E-42DF-B040-CE9DC71CEF59.png

Little too much of white in the edge spot selection. The progression is pretty good IMO. I like it overall with some tweaking. :tup:

Thanks!
I agree, really struggling with some denoms. Especially not happy with the 25. I like the 1 and 500 best so far

Little too much of white in the edge spot selection. The progression is pretty good IMO. I like it overall with some tweaking. :tup:
My thoughts too. Each chip alone is good, but as a group just too much white. I also like the spot progression though!

The 500 chip does look nice. I think the alternating colors might be off unless you did it in purpose. should be tiger/white - tiger/white - tiger/white etc etc. But yours goes back and forth which would bother my OCD lol.

Ok guys, made a few tweaks. Might be too much dayglo pink instead though?

7F51BAF5-D77E-4BD7-A42C-575592DC8D0C.png

The 500 chip does look nice. I think the alternating colors might be off unless you did it in purpose. should be tiger/white - tiger/white - tiger/white etc etc. But yours goes back and forth which would bother my OCD lol.

You’re right, thanks! That’s a screw-up and not intentional at all. Here we go:

A4B1556D-7B90-45CB-BD5A-64F821BEEB0B.png

God damnit how does one ever lock down the choices and pull the trigger and order :). I really like both your suggestions. I’ll go back to the drawing board

Here we go again. Realized your hundo @sheikh617 is a bit too close to the empress joliet primary (I have those in another set).

DA41D451-0E27-4153-965D-966E307A64D1.png

Bit more tweaking, the 5 needs something more/different I think

5F841884-D220-4187-866C-1AF586B96D24.png

Yeah im not in love with the 5. Seems bland when everything else is bold. I also don't like the pink spot on the orange chip. You can't see it.

Here we go again. Realized your hundo @sheikh617 is a bit too close to the empress joliet primary (I have those in another set).

View attachment 442253
The green edgespot on the orange base chip really clashes together, it hurts my eyes some (not saying as in it's bad, but in literal terms). Maybe decrease that bright green's value/making it more darker around how the purple edgespot on the orange chip has it.

This is hard :). Thank you all for your feedback. Really appreciate it! Reworked the 5 and the 500:

DE5332BF-7FDE-4FAE-A64C-0EBD8F9FC3FC.png

Do you have a budget?

I would say no more than $2k but I’d rather have spots and colors exactly as I want and do a 500-600 set than do a big 1000-set and end up making choices because of budget restraints.

Since I’m in Sweden, there’s also high shipping costs and probable custom fees to add to the total :(.

God damnit how does one ever lock down the choices and pull the trigger and order :). I really like both your suggestions. I’ll go back to the drawing board
I do the opposite to most and do it all really quickly. Otherwise I'll drive myself and everyone else mad for months with my constant changes.

I do the opposite to most and do it all really quickly. Otherwise I'll drive myself and everyone else mad for months with my constant changes.

Not a bad way but I don’t trust my instincts enough. High risk I wouldn’t leave it alone and come up with better alternatives after it’s too late :confused

i'm wondering what the stakes are? is it 1s & 5s for limit? 25s, 100s & 500s for tourney?

Good question, there is actually an issue with the denoms. It’s for a cashgame. Right now we play 2/4 Swedish Krona (=$0.2/0.4). I have another set with plenty of 1s so I really should make this future proof, skip 1s and adjust for 5/5, 5/10 and maybe even 10/20. Either case, I’ll need plenty of 5s.

Only problem is I really like the 1-chip and don’t really wanna skip it. Too expensive to make it cover 2/4 - 10/20 so I’ll have to choose.

sounds like my guess is a hit? might make the 1 a 2? maybe the 25 should be a 20?

Actually, it’s a NL/PLO game. But I’m trying to get them interested in some variations that would be FL so it’s not a bad idea although 2/4 FL is a bit small. 5/10 or 10/20 probably. Would make sense to make the 5 the smallest denom and do a 20 instead of 25 in that case. Thanks!

It seems it would make more sense going with 2(or5)/10/50/100/500 denominations.
My 2c
Kroner.png

This is hard :). Thank you all for your feedback. Really appreciate it! Reworked the 5 and the 500:

View attachment 442271

I actually prefer your previous iteration of the 5 much more. The edge spots on this version's 500 work better than the previous version imo, but I still think I prefer the purple base colour of the previous version better.

Big fan of the 1 and 100, both are keepers.

I actually prefer your previous iteration of the 5 much more. The edge spots on this version's 500 work better than the previous version imo, but I still think I prefer the purple base colour of the previous version better.

Big fan of the 1 and 100, both are keepers.

Which 5 do you like best? Going back, I think I like the first one best with white and pink spots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom