First attempt at a semi-custom set... (1 Viewer)

How prone do you think these will be to chipping/breaking now that you've oiled them?
if I had to guess, I would say less prone than before. They were pretty dried out when I got them. I basically did the oiling done right method with warm water first, then did it again with oil. They soaked all of that up. I have dropped a couple from counter height by accident. most survived intact, some did not. The ones that didn't ranged from little flea bites to broken in half. They aren't fragile to where they will break or chip tossing them into a pot, but I am going to try not to drop them from counter height onto a tile floor anymore.

The upside is that they were such a good deal on the chips, I got my feet wet with a semi-custom set for around $200 all in for a 500 chip set. it doesn't feel so bad when one breaks. Plus, now I have a much better idea of what is going to go into it when I make my semi-custom tourney set. These were a good first step!

How are the chips holding up? I think this is a really cool idea!
So far so good. The oiling has made a significant difference. They just feel like a more solid chip. I'm so happy, in fact, that I have already started working on relabeling a CPS tournament set. I can't stop tinkering!

You should post some stacks and splashed pot pics!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom