First attempt at a cash set (1 Viewer)

willump

Reaction score
Looking to start my chipping journey with some cards mold and wanted to give a shot at a custom set. I wanted to make an outer space-themed set and saw the Moonlight Cardhouse set when I looked around. I really liked the bright neon colors and wanted to expand on that.

Just to start off I used the same spot patterns/colors from the $1 and $5 chips. (I hope this isn't frowned upon but I'm willing to change this)

Denominations: White - Flexible, Blue - $1, Orange - $5, Green - $25, Gray - $100, Pink - $500
poker_chips.png

I'm looking to add these designs on the inlays (or something very similar looking) with each planet on a different chip that will match the color of each chip. Since I'm artistically inept, I'm definitely going to get help from a designer.

space.png

I'm open to all feedback and I expect this to go through several iterations too

I would be pretty worried about dirty stacks with the fracs and $1s. Those blues will look incredibly similar in a stack, especially with the spots.

Just keep throwing stuff at the wall and slowly things will stick.

I agree, there is a lot of blue and green in your chip mock up. This could lead to someone across the table not being able to tell how much is in an opponent’s stack (i.e. a dirty stack). Also, to state the obvious, get samples from CPC. The colors look much different in person.

This is an interesting and unique idea that you should pursue. Most people tinker around with chip designs/spot patters prior to getting artwork, which is fine. But you may want to get some preliminary artwork just to see if everything will work together. I think if this project is done right it will look phenomenal.

My advice to people new to designing sets:

• Take your time. It's a big investment--get it right
  • Do a bunch of different mockups, then revisit your earliest ones after a few months. You may go back to ones you thought were great, and wonder "what was I thinking?"
  • Get a color sample set for sure, and preferably a shuffle stack of the molds you're interested in.
  • Listen to advice from experienced members. Preferences are one thing, but good advice can help you avoid common pitfalls.
Good luck, and have fun!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom