Finished Barrington/ESPN table with topper (2 Viewers)

Rjchango

Sitting Out
Reaction score
So here is the finished version, with the Rounders topper thanks to rjdrv7!!! 1st game in a couple weeks. But everyone that has seen it loves it. Just waiting on the battery I ordered of Amazon for the led’s so I don’t have to plug it in. New lights, new padding, new SSC, deeper cup holders.

1219CC38-1FB3-450E-AF92-DE2A2A655AAB.jpeg
F5F1C642-8E50-4DC4-93C5-64E726677439.jpeg

Attachments

• 1BA606A0-D308-4B01-9708-2840EB354A3D.jpeg
    1BA606A0-D308-4B01-9708-2840EB354A3D.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 115
Great looking table! Sorry to comment on a year-old thread, but did the topper cover up the LEDs? I’ve been thinking of pairing a stock ESPN table with a custom topper

Great looking table! Sorry to comment on a year-old thread, but did the topper cover up the LEDs? I’ve been thinking of pairing a stock ESPN table with a custom topper
I actually wondered that also when I saw an ESPN table for sale a few weekends ago. I didn't want to get it, and have the mat cover the LED's. If that were the case, I'd get the other table without the LED's instead of having them visible every couple of feet around the tables because they weren't flush with the mat.

Damn…for a 4 table portable setup, a couple of these with mats on them for $279 doesn’t seem like a bad idea… they travel easy enough?

I picked up one of these storage bags for my Barrington table and it makes it much easier to transport!!! I'm not worried about scuffing up the rails now and you can just put a shoulder through the handle and carry it pretty easy. They were a little cheaper on Prime day when I picked it up though. But still worth it if you are transporting a table now and then.

Global Storage Folding Poker Table Bag for 48"-Octagon Poker Table and 84"-Oval Poker Table,Two Sizes https://a.co/d/aKw5VfK

For those looking at the ESPN table I just picked one up from walmart.com for under $300. It came in a box with no damage and I was very surprised in the quality for a $300 table. It is sturdy and a good size for 6 to 8 players. I purchased to use as a travel table as some of our buddies do not have a table and this makes for a great travel table or a secondary table. I did order a topper for it just because I will like the feel of a topper compared to the felt and the felt looks like it could stain easy.

As for the lights, I will never use them when playing cards. I might turn on before the game or as a decoration, but they are annoyingly bright and distracting.

MrBoosh, thanks for the link for the bag. I just ordered one to use to protect and tote. The table is 70 lbs and can be handled by 1 person, but the odds of scratching the sides in transport is likely so the tote will be a good addition.

For those looking at the ESPN table I just picked one up from walmart.com for under $300. It came in a box with no damage and I was very surprised in the quality for a $300 table. It is sturdy and a good size for 6 to 8 players. I purchased to use as a travel table as some of our buddies do not have a table and this makes for a great travel table or a secondary table. I did order a topper for it just because I will like the feel of a topper compared to the felt and the felt looks like it could stain easy.

As for the lights, I will never use them when playing cards. I might turn on before the game or as a decoration, but they are annoyingly bright and distracting.

MrBoosh, thanks for the link for the bag. I just ordered one to use to protect and tote. The table is 70 lbs and can be handled by 1 person, but the odds of scratching the sides in transport is likely so the tote will be a good addition.
I didn’t know Walmart had them for sub-300 right now. Might have to pick one up. Do you think it could fit 10? Or would probably be an uncomfortable squeeze?

10 would be tight but possible. 8 would be better. We play with 6-8 normally so it will work for us. For $300 it was worth it. I paid $263 but I think it was through a third party on walmart.com. still $299 is a good deal.

I didn’t know Walmart had them for sub-300 right now. Might have to pick one up. Do you think it could fit 10? Or would probably be an uncomfortable squeeze?

You can fit 10 but it might be a little shoulder to shoulder but still doable. 9 is better. They are great tables especially fir the money. Plus you can get awesome toppers for them for not much more. The Walmart price for the espn Barringtons is a good deal!!!!

So here is the finished version, with the Rounders topper thanks to rjdrv7!!! 1st game in a couple weeks. But everyone that has seen it loves it. Just waiting on the battery I ordered of Amazon for the led’s so I don’t have to plug it in. New lights, new padding, new SSC, deeper cup holders.
Would you mind sharing which battery you bought for the LED plug in, and how it has worked out for you?

I just got mine from walmart in today, and it seemed to have scratches on it in the vinyl... Is this actually a seam or something or should I complain and get a new one? Did yours come with this? There's a big gash on each side, flop side of the table across from each other. None on the turn/river side.

Attachments

• 4285C70D-F976-4B00-9E91-A0270E0F455E.jpeg
    4285C70D-F976-4B00-9E91-A0270E0F455E.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 79
  • A4B1F39B-A3FD-404D-8A44-3C8999233BC8.jpeg
    A4B1F39B-A3FD-404D-8A44-3C8999233BC8.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 76
  • B33780E7-0911-4AD3-B372-74210289D36B.jpeg
    B33780E7-0911-4AD3-B372-74210289D36B.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 80
I picked up one of these storage bags for my Barrington table and it makes it much easier to transport!!! I'm not worried about scuffing up the rails now and you can just put a shoulder through the handle and carry it pretty easy. They were a little cheaper on Prime day when I picked it up though. But still worth it if you are transporting a table now and then.

Global Storage Folding Poker Table Bag for 48"-Octagon Poker Table and 84"-Oval Poker Table,Two Sizes https://a.co/d/aKw5VfK
Omg have been looking for a solution. Thank you!

I just got mine from walmart in today, and it seemed to have scratches on it in the vinyl... Is this actually a seam or something or should I complain and get a new one? Did yours come with this? There's a big gash on each side, flop side of the table across from each other. None on the turn/river side.

That doesn't look right at all.

That doesn't look right at all.
sad...... fedex girl called me and asked if i was home to try and help her carry it to my porch, I wasn't. She said she didn't have a dolly and needed help so was gonna leave it in my driveway, but it was at my porch when i got home... probably happened then

Last edited:
No problem. I was also happy to find this. Glad to be able to share a better and safer way to transport the table!
Just ordered! I really like my Barrington and am hopeful this solves its major flaw: it’s heavy enough and awkwardly shaped to make it a bit of a bear to move.

I added a betting line before Christmas and and planning to upgrade the cup holders this spring/summer.
1D827B1B-26B5-4A02-8879-A59182AB41D8.jpeg

500x500.jpg

No problem. I was also happy to find this. Glad to be able to share a better and safer way to transport the table!
Just received my ESPN table and the bag you recommended here. It is impossible to get this table into the bag. If I pushed it any harder the zipper sides would have scratched/ripped the vinyl. Either my opening is undersized or you all have some sort of magic process for getting this table to fit in this bag. I spend half an hour trying to fit it before dropping an obscenity, giving up, and putting in a return with amazon. You guys who have it... how?

Just received my ESPN table and the bag you recommended here. It is impossible to get this table into the bag. If I pushed it any harder the zipper sides would have scratched/ripped the vinyl. Either my opening is undersized or you all have some sort of magic process for getting this table to fit in this bag. I spend half an hour trying to fit it before dropping an obscenity, giving up, and putting in a return with amazon. You guys who have it... how?

Most of the time I lift the table up and have my daughters on each side of the bag slowly fit the sides into the bag. Then we scoot each side a bit at a time, back and forth until the bag is pulled up.all the way. Then I can zip it up. It is a bit tight at first but once it gets going it gets easier. My buddy @TravNasty has layed it on its side and worked the bag over the bottom while it was laying on the floor I believe. I am not sure if there is a width difference in the ESPN vs standard Barrington table. I measured mine and without smashing the foam down it is right about 5.5 inches.

20230310_232259.jpg

Most of the time I lift the table up and have my daughters on each side of the bag slowly fit the sides into the bag. Then we scoot each side a bit at a time, back and forth until the bag is pulled up.all the way. Then I can zip it up. It is a bit tight at first but once it gets going it gets easier. My buddy @TravNasty has layed it on its side and worked the bag over the bottom while it was laying on the floor I believe. I am not sure if there is a width difference in the ESPN vs standard Barrington table. I measured mine and without smashing the foam down it is right about 5.5 inches.

View attachment 1096997
Mystery solved, my ESPN table is over 6" thick, assumedly the thickness accomodates the LED strip! Thanks for this info, you saved my sanity, but now I need to find a new solution :)

Mystery solved, my ESPN table is over 6" thick, assumedly the thickness accomodates the LED strip! Thanks for this info, you saved my sanity, but now I need to find a new solution :)
I wondered if it was thicker even though the pictures on the sales pages say it is 5 inches. I was thinking, how is that less than a standard Barrington with the LED's? I am glad you saved your sanity but sad your table doesn't fit.

s-l400 (1).jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom