Finding table felt locally? (1 Viewer)

Copper44

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna try to throw a table together before tomorrow night. Does anyone know if places like Michaels carry anything that would suffice playing cards on?

I think temporarily curtain or upholstery fabric might get you through. Don’t get the nappy felt or velveteen.
For padding from there you can use quilt batting. I built a table with the padding and it was perfect. Only caveat is spills, they will soak into this unlike closed cell foam.

Ditto to @ekricket’s comment. Curtain/upholstery fabric seems like it would work. Last time I was at Joann with my wife, I noticed a couple that had a smooth feel, and a classy pattern.

I purchased outdoor fabric at Walmart for $5 a linear yard.

Attachments

• IMG_2059.jpg
    IMG_2059.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2057.jpg
    IMG_2057.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 127
Another vote for Joanne's. I have ultrasoft velveteen on both my tables and although opinions vary, I prefer it to SSC.

Cards slide great. Water does not transfer thru. The material is not as soft to the touch as other tables that I have played on but feels very durable and should last a very long time.
Good to know! A friend of mine has an old folding table. It looks to be just like the Barringtons, so it's sturdy, but the pad and felt is terrible. I grabbed a couple pieces of padding from a carpet layer friend of mine, and I'm going to get some outdoor fabric and get a decent surface on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom