Finding table felt locally?

Copper44

Pair
Reaction score
Gonna try to throw a table together before tomorrow night. Does anyone know if places like Michaels carry anything that would suffice playing cards on?

ekricket

Flush
Reaction score
I think temporarily curtain or upholstery fabric might get you through. Don’t get the nappy felt or velveteen.
For padding from there you can use quilt batting. I built a table with the padding and it was perfect. Only caveat is spills, they will soak into this unlike closed cell foam.

Beakertwang

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Ditto to @ekricket’s comment. Curtain/upholstery fabric seems like it would work. Last time I was at Joann with my wife, I noticed a couple that had a smooth feel, and a classy pattern.

WedgeRock

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Another vote for Joanne's. I have ultrasoft velveteen on both my tables and although opinions vary, I prefer it to SSC.

Beakertwang

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Cards slide great. Water does not transfer thru. The material is not as soft to the touch as other tables that I have played on but feels very durable and should last a very long time.
Good to know! A friend of mine has an old folding table. It looks to be just like the Barringtons, so it's sturdy, but the pad and felt is terrible. I grabbed a couple pieces of padding from a carpet layer friend of mine, and I'm going to get some outdoor fabric and get a decent surface on it.

Top Bottom