Finding a way to fit 43mm rack in a birdcage (1 Viewer)

GenghisKhan

Full House
Reaction score
What is the real problem that prevents 43mm racks from fitting into a cage?
Is it the width, length, or just the rows don't match rows on regular racks?

Because if width and length is fine, I'm wondering if anyone has done something creative to find a way to fit a 43mm rack in a birdcage.

Like putting the 43mm racks on the bottom row, placing some type of wood board (or similar) on top of the 43mm rack so that a regular rack can be placed over.

If it's truly impossible to make the existing ones fit, could a custom made 3d printed one be made to fit? Or are the dimensions impossible?

Thanks for your input. :)

for most cages, its just the overall length of the rack. The bud jones 43mm chip trays however fit nicely. If you can find them they are an alternative. Also, there was a website that did custome cages...albeit a little on the pricey side.

I would assume each barrel has to be about 5mm wider, making the rack 25mm or almost and whole inch longer. But someone that owns both sizes could elaborate.

Part of why I went with the file cabinet solution linked in my signature

i have some racks that I don't need. how much is shipping to canada from US zip 20120?....if you cover shipping i'll send you the racks for free

You can cut down 43mm racks to just four barrels (80 chips) and they will fit in standard bird cages. A full cage (tall version) of 10 racks = 800 chips.

@GenghisKhan
I milled (cut) the ends off just enough to fit in my cage length wise, I also had to mill (cut) the inside of the BOTTOM of the rack so that it slides over the CPC chips.

I will get pics tonight for you.

@Shaggy , YES, they only fit 19, I am going to at some point mill the the pockets to fit one more chip per barrel.

I see the Matsui racks advertised as 39mm/43mm capable. How does that work for the 39mm chips? Meaning do they roll around due to the extra space?

I see the Matsui racks advertised as 39mm/43mm capable. How does that work for the 39mm chips? Meaning do they roll around due to the extra space?
39mm chips have a little side to side roll, but the racks fit in standard cages...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom