Finally pulling the trigger on a CPC set (2 Viewers)

The hourglass mold is nice if you have more detailed artwork (bigger inlay area), but if you've never handled the mold, try to get some samples. They are a bit lighter than most of their molds, which some people don't like. I love my set:

View attachment 600623

Really like the latest mockup. If you wanted to distinguish the 100 and 500 a little more (not really needed with the spot colors you have), retro lavendar would look really nice as a base for the 500. Looking forward to seeing them with the final inlays - the inlays will often drive final spot colors.
Thanks for the feedback. I do have the samples and have been feeling them all for days now.
And on a side note I have always loved your set. The colours are great and the inlay is very smooth and classy.

Saving me the time of looking at prices.
What is a roundabout price of solid set like @Irish vs the ones with spots like yours @i'm nobody?
Here is the pricing. There is an increase as of 1/1/21

9E3A4445-AE84-43D1-94A1-A3FF036774AE.jpeg

I would love an E and C mold set. One cpc set is enough for me. I like to have as man sets as possible from different companies.

I think I have CPC, BCC, Paulson RHC, Paulson THC, ABC Pro, and TRK's. The only thing I don't have is a plastic set of chips. I haven't found any that I love.

Once I can share the inlay I would certainly give members an opportunity to purchase a sample set. More to come and thanks.
I am so easily swayed I can't believe it. Now probably going with a Circle Square Mold after reviewing some older posts.
View attachment 600617

since you're so open to suggestion, here's one more :) but i do like where you are at now.

1608753960416.png

For the non workhouse chips, adding a secondary option is not a big cost as long as the new chip can be used with the rest of the set.

I have the completed inlay but it is not loading as cleanly onto the poker chip design tool as it appears in illustrator.
Hoping to get the order in on Monday and get some answers from CPC about showing off the order. More to come.

For mockup purposes, you'll want to render a low-resolution version of your inlay. For your 7/8" inlays, 143px wide/high. If higher, you can get weird artifacts that stem from poor-quality resampling when the tool downsizes the artwork. Illustrator renders this more cleanly. Also keep in mind that the online chip design tool cannot properly handle CMYK color space graphics. If you attempt to color-match parts of the inlay to the chip, it will not look correct in the design tool.

By the way, if you're using fancy styles in Illustrator like drop shadow and such, the safer route might be to supply CPC with raster graphics (TIF) which you render on your side, rather than supplying vector graphics. There were weird issues with my Club Hel artwork when I initially supplied vector graphics that could only be solved by having them use raster graphic versions that I exported.

For mockup purposes, you'll want to render a low-resolution version of your inlay. For your 7/8" inlays, 143px wide/high. If higher, you can get weird artifacts that stem from poor-quality resampling when the tool downsizes the artwork. Illustrator renders this more cleanly. Also keep in mind that the online chip design tool cannot properly handle CMYK color space graphics. If you attempt to color-match parts of the inlay to the chip, it will not look correct in the design tool.

By the way, if you're using fancy styles in Illustrator like drop shadow and such, the safer route might be to supply CPC with raster graphics (TIF) which you render on your side, rather than supplying vector graphics. There were weird issues with my Club Hel artwork when I initially supplied vector graphics that could only be solved by having them use raster graphic versions that I exported.
Seeing this I am so thankful for all the designer people here accepting jobs. I don’t understand a thing of what you just wrote :)

Thanks Nex.
My wife is trying to fine tune the inlays today. I passed along your notes and hopefully that will clear a few things up.
And, I sent in my request to CPC this morning about the order. Very excited.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom