Finally Launched a PLO VLOG (1 Viewer)

Episode 6 launched yesterday. Have a mystery hand at the end, guess my hand and win up to $50!

Plus had a ton of fun putting together the opening, mimicking those SPCA commercials, but for poker players instead

I'm continuing to see growth in subscribers (up to 85 now) which is great. But I feel like I've lost some interest from members here. Is my content boring? Just not your thing? I'm a big boy and can take it. I'm trying to make adjustments based on suggestions, I know online hands in a replayer isn't as sexy as video on the felt with stacks of chips, but I work hard to create funny openings and some relevant clips after hands to keep it entertaining.

Let me know your feedback PLEASE!

help.gif

Last edited:
I especially liked that interesting theory you mentioned at the beginning of this episode about starting with a short stack when everyone else is deep. Just cool to think about how that plays out.

I especially liked that interesting theory you mentioned at the beginning of this episode about starting with a short stack when everyone else is deep. Just cool to think about how that plays out.

Rolf Slotboom has a book on it. And while it's ok if you're playing games outside your comfort level bankroll or aggression-wise, you're not going to be getting your money in with as large of an equity edge as you will playing deeper and post-flop.

So you'll be taking thinner edges, which can result in your profits being much swingier as a result. I've used the strategy many times. Shit, one time I was buying in the min of $600 five times and was stuck 3K. You're going to experience the variance train. It can be nice when it works out, but you'll want to be proficient in deeper-stacked play as well.

If you just triple or quintuple up and then leave the game, you're going to have a hard time being welcomed in a lot of games.

What a difference a week makes. I believe after my previous video I was around 96 subscribers. Today I'm at 126, so the sub count has grown over 31% since I uploaded the one POLKing fun at DePaulo and Doug Polk.

Ryan gave me his cell and called me yesterday and gave me some tips to help me improve the channels growth. One big one that I plan to incorporate this week is that he said people who know my channel will understand there is poker after the comedy bits.

But someone brand new to my channel looking for the hand breakdowns may click away because I'm starting with the comedy bits and they may think my video isn't what they thought it was or were looking for.

So I'm going to try putting the comedy pieces somewhere in the middle to be more of an intermission and jump faster into the hands at the start.

Also, since I have Ryans cell # I am accepting offers of money or playable sets of Big Top Poker Chips for me to send him d*** pics.

I'm getting Doug Polk on the CoinFlex scandal next. My full vlog just released this morning so I can't really release another video today.

I'd prefer to wait a few days but then I miss the "news cycle" on it so going to release it tomorrow so I can try to get in while it's still warm

I'm getting Doug Polk on the CoinFlex scandal next. My full vlog just released this morning so I can't really release another video today.

I'd prefer to wait a few days but then I miss the "news cycle" on it so going to release it tomorrow so I can try to get in while it's still warm
He said on twitter he is providing a statement. July 1 so might be worth waiting a day or two.

I erased my BarrieJ3 soliloquiy. Narrowed it down to the following:

I'm not your target audience. I hate general poker content. All the big people suck, I mean you have to be a masochist to enjoy listening to Polk for 45 minutes.

That being said, while I have little to no time for this type of stuff, I'm subscribed and take a look when I can. I think your production value and entertainment level are sky fucking high. I've said it from when you first started streaming your online fps play - you are an entertaining individual.

I'm glad to see you seeing a rise in those performance indicators :tup: Keep it rolling man!

I erased my BarrieJ3 soliloquiy. Narrowed it down to the following:

I'm not your target audience. I hate general poker content. All the big people suck, I mean you have to be a masochist to enjoy listening to Polk for 45 minutes.

That being said, while I have little to no time for this type of stuff, I'm subscribed and take a look when I can. I think your production value and entertainment level are sky fucking high. I've said it from when you first started streaming your online fps play - you are an entertaining individual.

I'm glad to see you seeing a rise in those performance indicators :tup: Keep it rolling man!

I'm sure if I could film some live play or a live stream I could really grow the channel. Being relegated to sharing online histories in a manual replayer sucks :(

One of your videos came up in my YouTube feed the other day, I hadn't watched since the USAnumberWON days. Seems much improved and I appreciate the actual hand reviews and poker content. I feel that you use the right balance of humor and poker. Subbed and will watch more in the coming days. If I think of any helpful advice (unlikely) I will post here again. Good luck!!

One of your videos came up in my YouTube feed the other day, I hadn't watched since the USAnumberWON days. Seems much improved and I appreciate the actual hand reviews and poker content. I feel that you use the right balance of humor and poker. Subbed and will watch more in the coming days. If I think of any helpful advice (unlikely) I will post here again. Good luck!!

Ty Marc+

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom