Final table hand (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Playing the 1K guaranteed at Silks in Tampa Friday night.

We're down to the final table but only 4 spots are paid, 8 players remain (avg stack around 49K). Blinds are 1/2K with a 200 ante.

Hero: 38K chips
Villain: 31K chips

Hero raises in MP to 5K with :ad::jc:, Villain in LP calls

Pot: 15K

Flop: :td::th::js:

Hero bets 6K, Villain shoves all-in

Pot: 47K

Hero needs to call an additional 20K for a shot to win this pot, or can fold and try to make do with a shove-able stack of 27K. If Hero calls and loses he's down to 7K and isn't going to have any fold equity.

Hero doesn't have much info on Villain except that previously she doubled through the chip leader shoving pre with :as::9c: short-stacked.

What do you do?

I’m not sure how you do anything but call him down. If he’s got a ten, then god bless you, your time is over. If he’s got a hand better than yours, he’s insane for not getting it in preflop, and there’s nothing you can do about insane people.

I’d expect a 3 bet with jj+ so you id rule those out.

Seems more like a bet someone would make with a draw, under pair or a jack. I can’t see any reason why anyone with half a brain would jam with a 10, but so be it if they do.

I’m calling this off.

I think you have to call. From villains perspective I think she reads your flop bet as weak. Your preflop bet was basically a pot size bet. Then your post flop bet was just over 1/3 of the pot.

As already stated if villain has a hand like JJ or better than they probably three bet. They called which tells me they have a mid size pair or something like KQ suited. The only hands I am worried they could have in this scenario would be A 10. If so you are screwed.But they could make a shove here with an under pair and you are golden. If they called originally with some kind of hand with a J in it then the worst off you are is a chop.

Call and if he called your preflop with some 10 then oh well.

I'm calling and half-expecting to see AT, KT, QT, or T9s. :eek:

AJ, KJ, QJ, KQ, Q9, J9, and 98 are all viable hands though, along with 99, 88, and 77 (and possibly putting you on AK).

Ruling out AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, and JT based on either pre-flop play or the flop shove.

Embrace the variance -- you need chips to finish in the top 4.

I thought for a bit, didn't figure she had called with a ten in her hand

Thought it was possible we had the same hand or maybe she had KJ

Eventually made the call and she had QJ so I sent her packing and stacked up

4 handed we chopped. Chip leader had half the chips in play, got around 2nd place money

Me and the other two guys got better than 3rd but less than 2nd

Some chip pr0n from the night, I was fortunate early on to reraise a guy with AA, get him to call with TT and on an AKJ flop have him call my shove cause he thought I was "making a move"

We only started with 10k, and when the avg was 13k at first break I had 40k

Unfortunately gave some back early to an old man who kept limp calling raises with AK and KK and got me twice (first time we both flopped 2 pair, 2nd time was spew on my part)

Chip leader at the final table was limping in with 83 s00ted and binking two pair on a K83 board against players with KJ, lol

20180608_202621.jpg

20180608_203010.jpg

20180608_215655.jpg
20180608_231116.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom