Final Table Hand, is this Ben approved? (1 Viewer)

What say you?

• Bonehead Play!

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Advanced Play

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
I don't like the shove either for all the reasons stated above, especially when all three of players in the pot have you covered. No way the shove is going to get them all to fold and you are easily dominated when they do.

The guy who busted me wound up winning the whole thing and recently added me on social media. I ran my thought process by him, here's his response:

shove wasnt wrong...just unlucky. If i dont wake up with a hand here then it gets all the way through. Ill be the first to admit i got slapped with the deck the entire final table...which i think i cleared in about an hour or so. All my draws hit, and had monster hands when guys shoved...kind of amazing the way it flowed down the stretch...sucks i probably used up all my run good for the year in 2 hours tho..ha

Just got back to town a few minutes ago. . . .

I am not a skilled tournament player. Lots of others here have better expertise.

I hesitate to rate this not knowing hero's table image, Hero's skill level vs the field and the villains' images. You really need to know that a villain can fold before trying to bluff him. You also need to know no one is short enough to be priced into a call. (which I think might be true, though Hero's M is less than 8, so we are close to all in or fold time.)

My opinion is fold ~= jam >> raise >>> call. KJs has all sorts of rio risks post flop. Let's not do that. Make all the decisions preflop. Hero can't afford to play a single hand of fit/fold poker with the stack he has left. That means hero can't be seduced by "pot odds" in this situation. Fold, or go for broke in my opinion.

Hero is closing in on desperation time. As it is, all the dead money in the pot makes for a juicy prize. I could absolutely see someone stick around with pocket fives in the small blind if everyone else folds. That isn't so bad, Hero needs to et lucky sometime.

If Hero feels he has a skill advantage, I'd fold. If hero feels he needs some luck to beat the better field, the jam and hope for the best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom