Few days off from work! doing a little chipping, flattening and oiling (1 Viewer)

AK Chip

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
These chips were in need of oil! Big difference.
IMG_2141[24331].jpg

IMG_2144[24330].jpg

IMG_2131[24333].jpg

IMG_2132[24332].jpg

For flatting I get my chips clamped and set them on a baking sheet. I put them in a cold oven, start the timer for 20 minutes and set the temp for 170 degrees. Once the timer goes off I pull them out of the oven try to tighten the clamp once and let them cool down. I check each chip on a hard flat surface to make sure there is no wobble on either side of the chip. Rinse and repeat.
071B6938-B7C8-4180-99B8-9A0E16E9BF81.jpeg

View media item 22132

For oiling hot stamped chips I generously apply oil to each chip then wipe as dry as I can with a shammy cloth. set on a piece of card board for a couple of days flipping the chips once until dry.

Great!! Where can I find those white "chips separators" you use to separate the chips when clamped? One more question, when you say 170 degrees you mean Fahrenheit or Celsius? Typical question from a guy from Europe I guess...LOL Thanks...

Great pics and nice results!

When when we get a few days off during winter here in Florida, we just go to the beach. You’ve inspired me. I just might setup a table out by the pool and oil my new chips during my days off around Christmas time.

How’s the weather up there today? :cool

Clear and cold 19 degrees. Suns out and frost on the trees looks cool!! Getting ready for hot butter rums and a fire!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom