Fellow musicians: share your gear pr0n here! (1 Viewer)

Beakertwang

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Thought it would be fun to see your guitars, amps, pedalboards, bagpipes, kazoos, etc.

Here's my custom guitar from Maximum Guitar Works in Golden, CO. She's named Gracie, after my wife.

My Lakland bass:

The Warmoth Strat that I just sold to a buddy in order to buy a Reverend Charger (I'll get pics of the Rev up soon):

Let's see yours!

I’m definitely not a musician, but I played in some punk bands back in my youth. Now I have a small collection of synths that I like to make drones and sound effects on occasionally. Always been into ambient/drone/dark ambient/soundtrack style synth work.

Current synths I own:

Roland Juno 60(not working)
Roland JX-3P
Novation Bass Station 2
Arturia Minibrute
Mutable Instruments Shruthi with Polivoks filter(DIY synth)
Mutable Instruments Shruthi with CEM 3379 filter(DIY synth)

Maybe one or two more I’m forgetting off the top of my head

French double harpsichord built by Willard Martin, decorations by Pamela Gladding. (I'm an amateur musician wannabe.)

20170801_110829.jpg

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd like to run my hands over Gracie's back. Amazing grain. That's one piece?
Haha! Yeah, it’s beautiful. It’s actially 3-piece black korina.

Reactions: BNM
Haha! Yeah, it’s beautiful. It’s actially 3-piece black korina.

Okay, it looked just too different to be one piece but I was giving the amazing quotient its due. Still, really lovely. And that detailing on the head stock is really just a craftsman's over the top touch. Well done.

Okay, it looked just too different to be one piece but I was giving the amazing quotient its due. Still, really lovely. And that detailing on the head stock is really just a craftsman's over the top touch. Well done.
Yeah, Steve is a real craftsman

Reactions: BNM
Now, my guitar stuff:

PRS Custom 24
pictures folder one 009.jpg

Phred Tella
20180520_185342.jpg

Phred Dockstar - I had to send it back unfortunately, so pretty though!!:
2196.jpeg

AMP! A Fender Twin Amp
1590382514079.png

Pedalboard:
20190119_191251.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! How are the Phreds? I find them intriguing.

I would say that the Tella has earned its way into my lineup. Fun Story, I saw Karl Denson's Tiny Universe play several years ago and DJ Williams was playing a Gibson 335. I saw them again a couple years later and he was playing the Phred Tella. I approached him after the show and asked him what his guitar was since he used to play a 335 as he was tearing his rig down. He told me it was his signature model, the Phred Tella. He talked to me a bit despite being in a hurry to tear down his rig and shook my hand and thanked me dearly for coming to the show and for being a fan. Such a cool experience, GREAT show, and I bought a Phred Tella within a week with the exact same upgrades as DJ. The Dockstar....not my cup of tea....just great pr0n!!

Fun story aside, Phred guitars are relatively cheap guitars imported from China if I am not mistaken. However, Phred guitars take the time to gut and rewire, put in quality pickups, quality bridges and tuning hardware, and string and fix the action to make them feel and sound like PRO guitars. I don't regret my purchase. Those '57 pick ups make that baby soar!!

That said, my next purchase WILL be a PRS Hollowbody II Piezo:
PRS_Hollowbody_II__JADE.jpg

PRS_Hollowbody_II_Jade_Burst_horiz.jpg

@Ben8257 is very talented on violin, and has a sweet old green electric guitar

Yeah?? Is @Ben8257 a "face melter"? If that is the case I would be happy to play rhythm guitar in that band to be. I don't care WHO the face melter is, but there has to be at least ONE in a group IMO. Violin, guitar, banjo, sax, harmonica, bass, piano, hell; recorder...doesn't matter. But you ALWAYS have to have a face melter!!

Need some variety in here: here's my old kit, got it when I was in 7th grade. Just a Tama Rockstar, with some entry level cymbals and a couple nicer ones I added on down the road. Played it for a good 10+ years before I had to sell when moving to an apartment. Bought an electric kit when I did move, but it's just not the same. My kids love the electric though, and I love that it's quiet when they bang around on it. Someday maybe I'll get an acoustic set again.

Full Kit Above.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom