feedback on my scrown efforts so far (2 Viewers)

dimperdoo

Pair
Reaction score
so, i recently realized the scrown mold was once again available (guess i've been away for a while)

can't resist that. so, many hours on the poker chip design tool & photoshop hacking has me here:
sm_crown_ultimate.jpg

wondering some things like "how dark really is retro green?" not committed to this inlay concept. i want to do something that doesn't just lock me to the chips & alienate others

so, i recently realized the scrown mold was once again available (guess i've been away for a while)

can't resist that. so, many hours on the poker chip design tool & photoshop hacking has me here:
View attachment 421319

wondering some things like "how dark really is retro green?" not committed to this inlay concept. i want to do something that doesn't just lock me to the chips & alienate others
Ya know what? I freaking dig if. Alot. Only thing I'd say... Is your flow is off to me..... You kinda start a pace with the 1... Then 5.... Then the 25 (which is my fav)... But then the 100 kinda goes off the tracks. I like the color combo, I just think that spot pattern is a bit complicated for each other chip.

Again, just my opinion. But love that 25 man...

get color samples for sure. it is a must. Some colors look much different in person.

i do have a ton of samples. i just don't have any retro green. i've seen 2 pix today, one looks like i expect but the other looks really dark. i actually have an old barrel of ASMs that are dark green. & the one pic looks that dark

Ya know what? I freaking dig if. Alot. Only thing I'd say... Is your flow is off to me..... You kinda start a pace with the 1... Then 5.... Then the 25 (which is my fav)... But then the 100 kinda goes off the tracks. I like the color combo, I just think that spot pattern is a bit complicated for each other chip.

Again, just my opinion. But love that 25 man...

i've got a high level of "always wanted a 4V" wrapped up in that chip. NTM wanting to use charcoal & gray for a $100. i see what you're saying but, unsure how to resolve it w/ my inner self

i do have a ton of samples. i just don't have any retro green. i've seen 2 pix today, one looks like i expect but the other looks really dark. i actually have an old barrel of ASMs that are dark green. & the one pic looks that dark

i've got a high level of "always wanted a 4V" wrapped up in that chip. NTM wanting to use charcoal & gray for a $100. i see what you're saying but, unsure how to resolve it w/ my inner self
Well, that's the beauty of it being your set. In the end, the only person who has to love them is you. And your going the right direction....

Nice old school style look to this design! The main thing for me is the $100, although I think it looks good, looks too modern and out of place to me with the spot design and color choices

TRK never made your fifth spot pattern. Pretty sure they did the other four. If that matters to you at all.

Nice old school style look to this design! The main thing for me is the $100, although I think it looks good, looks too modern and out of place to me with the spot design and color choices

that's challenging me too. it's a killer chip though & 4V is a retro spot pattern. i wanted it to be a next-better/notch up from the 25 but then i drew up the 500 & it's hard for the 500 to notch up from that 100

that's challenging me too. it's a killer chip though & 4V is a retro spot pattern. i wanted it to be a next-better/notch up from the 25 but then i drew up the 500 & it's hard for the 500 to notch up from that 100

Killer indeed! Thing is, it’s the only chip with 2 different color spots in a line up that has a one base/one spot color set up.

I think the highest denom chip should have two spot colors if any of them are going to

Edit: for spot progression purposes

Retro Green is dark. Not quite Maroon level of dark, but close.

Love that $100 chip (I've long been very fond of charcoal/grey/red chips), but agree with others -- it doesn't quite fit with the other four old-school chip designs.

Not sure how to meld the two into a single playable set. Maybe design a new primary $100 chip that fits/flows better, and keep that one as the first of the secondary chips....

well, hopefully CPC isn't going anywhere because i'm thinking like 500 chips & secondaries would be add-ons (figuring i'd meet the 300 minimum if i did that)

planning a mini-craps bank w/ 120 ea of 1s & 5s doing 25s & 100s as a rack ea & only 60 500s (i wonder what the minimum per color is?)

anyway, i struggled to even pick a single color for the retro lav's edge spots. all i can do to stay on contrasting. when i tend to do complimentary ~hoped the combination of complimentary and contrasting would save the 100

something like this resolves that issue & the 100 could be 814 FTM

resolved.jpg

IDK though, really like that gray charcoal tiger 4V

hmm,

814char_tig.jpg

when it was ASM there was something like a 30 chip per color minimum. you had to order 300 to get 3 chips but not 100 of each

Last edited:
so, something more like this. i noticed the 500 & the 5 were very close being pinkish lav & yellow alongside red & yellow. too close for comfort even though i know retro red & retro lav are more distant in life than they are on the design tool

sm_crown_ultimate_2.jpg

I would change the value color to something less "neon". Although the whole setup looks classy, the value color breaks that vibe.

i would do secondaries of all of them but, i don't need that many chips & the wife might not be all that cool w/ getting up around $3000

the 418 $1 started off being a secondary & i liked it better than the 314

I would purchase and receive the primaries before even working on the secondaries.

think of it as an expensive sample set

I really like the set. Personally, I like the first set best.

If it helps, here is a cpc retro green sample next to some common greens.

It is closer to the WTHC then the picture appears. The WTHC is shinier.

IMG_3610.jpg

thanks, i just got a retro red, retro lav & retro green today. something about that a-mold above seems to be absorbing the light. seems like retro green is a chameleon to photograph

i'm thinking these samples are post CPC ~anyone know for sure?

samples.jpg

been doing some color comparisons. i'm mostly thinking i have some pretty good selections & they're going to pop like pro-level selections:

colors.jpg

reworked the inlays for legibility & to fill the space better
1PRIMARY.png

seems like i could make the "ultimate" a bit smaller here for denom legibility. i have to revisit them since i saved the PSD & lost some needed history to just return to the 25
2SECONDARY.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom