Feedback on label design (1 Viewer)

I'm a little iffy on the black outline for the denom. what do you think
squareoneBLK.jpg

Loving the inlay design a lot. Does the denom need an outline? Maybe try a "brighter" shade of red and drop the outline altogether?

I'm loving the inversion for the silhouettes of the dancers, but the black moon is not doing it for me.

I'd like to see you try with a white moon, black dancers, and keep the gradient in the "grey" zone. Also, put the brightest part of the gradient at the moon, not in the center - the moon should be the source of light.

I'm loving the inversion for the silhouettes of the dancers, but the black moon is not doing it for me.

I'd like to see you try with a white moon, black dancers, and keep the gradient in the "grey" zone. Also, put the brightest part of the gradient at the moon, not in the center - the moon should be the source of light.

I fooled around with that idea. Not sure how it turned out.

squareoneMOONLIGHT.jpg

I fooled around with that idea. Not sure how it turned out.

View attachment 6381

I gotta say I like it. Nice touch with the midnight blue in the gradient.

I'd make it a touch brighter, to make the sillouhettes and text stand out a little bit more, but I like it, especially that glowing moon. I think it's fabulous.

Is the version you mocked onto the chip brighter? It seem brighter to me, but that might be because this one is surrounded by white.

Is the version you mocked onto the chip brighter? It seem brighter to me, but that might be because this one is surrounded by white.

Yeah, that version on the chip is a bit lighter. I'm not an expert with the design tool -- there may be a cleaner way to get the moon to glow and all, but it was tricky to get it just right so that the moon was even visible amid the glowing gradient.

I think the lighter version of white moon doesn't work as well as the original white moon artwork. I like the new bolder text denom, but definitely prefer the simpler red denom font that is on the FDL chip post.

Many thanks to everyone for the suggestions of things to try. I feel like opinion is narrowing around these three, with the grayscale one in the lead, followed by the glowing moon-midnight blue one. Here they are to scale on cleaner chip mockup.
FINAL-1-chipmock.jpgFINAL-2-chipmock.jpgFINAL-3-chipmock.jpg

As much as you want to get the "perfect" design, you must eventually choose one you like. Keep trying different designs and you may never be happy. The following video is 20 minutes long, but it may be helpful if you enter the zone of "I like #2, but maybe I can completely redesign it and make it better". I feel you are getting to that stage.

Ted Talk

Another vote for inlay in the middle. It's looking great! It give the feeling that the sun is starting to go up, the moon remains the queen on the night for a few more minutes and the couple is still dancing tango in Buenos Aires... Love it! I like the one on the left also...

Don't know if you have done that already but it might be a good idea to have your inlay on all of your different chips as depending on their colors it could change the feel of the inlay.

Many thanks to everyone for the suggestions of things to try. I feel like opinion is narrowing around these three, with the grayscale one in the lead, followed by the glowing moon-midnight blue one. Here they are to scale on cleaner chip mockup.
View attachment 6424View attachment 6425View attachment 6426

For me absolutely. It has a bold simplicity. Kind of makes me think of the Lady Luck Club.

I'll admit, when I redesigned the original to arrive at these latest ones, I looked at the Lady Luck chips for inspiration.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

As much as you want to get the "perfect" design, you must eventually choose one you like. Keep trying different designs and you may never be happy. The following video is 20 minutes long, but it may be helpful if you enter the zone of "I like #2, but maybe I can completely redesign it and make it better". I feel you are getting to that stage.

Ted Talk

You crack me up. Good point.

I'll admit, when I redesigned the original to arrive at these latest ones, I looked at the Lady Luck chips for inspiration.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

You crack me up. Good point.

Well the number one vote getter on the inaugural custom chip set hall of fame balloting is probably not a bad set to draw inspiration from!

I agree that the middle one, which is the one on this latest render, is very pretty - but I'm hopelessly irked by the black crescent moon. It just screams, "wrong!" to me.

I'd propose making it with a white moon (black outline), but I'm afraid it will look very cartoony compared to the dancing couple, which look very classy. And doing the more golden moon may not stand out enough, and it's weird if the moon is golden but the light cast by it is white. I don't see a good way out.

Charcoal moon...so it isn't as "in your face". And I still think the denoms don't need an outline...just make a brighter shade of red. Looking good though.

Charcoal moon...so it isn't as "in your face". And I still think the denoms don't need an outline...just make a brighter shade of red. Looking good though.

Gave that a shot too. It's not bad. Subtle change from the most popular one so far. Again, I really appreciate the suggestions. Gives me ideas to try and just see how they look.

FINAL-5-alt3.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom