Feedback on 'golf theme' set (Cards Mold) (1 Viewer)

not sure about that green chip, what if you use edge marks, say Blue and maybe 'sand' color? or Bright White, like a flag pole being set on the green?

maybe render it with a stack, I tihnk its too much green, but maybe a pot of 5s with 5 whites will be amazing!

So I tried doing that. Came up with 2 variations. The one on the right has 2 types of grass, making sense logically from fairway grass to putting green. But I'm thinking it might look weird with the fairway grass all the way around the chip, so the left hand side chip has just a solid green to match the edge colour.
View attachment 846423

How it sits next to the golf dollar.
View attachment 846424
I really like the green chip here. Not sure how that would look in real life though.

But, if the texture came through as it does in this, I think it would look great

This is probably against most advice regarding the newer designs, but I wanted to see what the chips would look like if the inlays were the golf ball. This is just a quick mockup to see how it looks. Definitely won't use the 'titleist' in the main chips. Gonna sit on this for a few days and see how I feel. I might just keep this as a basis, and change the edge spots into little graphics. For example, for the green chip, the 'triangles' might change into little pine trees or something. Same goes for the other 'landscape' chips like the sand/bunker and water, they can have some graphics that relate to their respective terrain. I feel that little graphical icons could change this from just a clay chip imitation into something else.
new inlays.png
new inlays a.png

You don't have to use "TItleist", either. Use the same font, and change it to some other word or name or title that has some meaning to you. You can also shrink back the size of the image to give you a bit of outer ring to put other elements relevant to your custom set, like your geographical area, or the name of your poker room, or an additional graphic element, etc.

Any tips for building chips out in sketchup like that and getting the patterns?
My workflow was export the .ai files into .dwg and open them in sketchup. Draw it out on sketchup and you got them. Might be a inefficient workflow but I don't know of any other way.

This is probably against most advice regarding the newer designs, but I wanted to see what the chips would look like if the inlays were the golf ball. This is just a quick mockup to see how it looks. Definitely won't use the 'titleist' in the main chips. Gonna sit on this for a few days and see how I feel. I might just keep this as a basis, and change the edge spots into little graphics. For example, for the green chip, the 'triangles' might change into little pine trees or something. Same goes for the other 'landscape' chips like the sand/bunker and water, they can have some graphics that relate to their respective terrain. I feel that little graphical icons could change this from just a clay chip imitation into something else.
View attachment 846496View attachment 846497
These look freaking great, in my opinion. They might look even better with the graphics you were talking about. Maybe rakes on the sand trap chips?

My workflow was export the .ai files into .dwg and open them in sketchup. Draw it out on sketchup and you got them. Might be a inefficient workflow but I don't know of any other way.

How do you get the .ai file? Can you get that from the CPC chip creator site?

How do you get the .ai file? Can you get that from the CPC chip creator site?
CPC? My chips are card mold based, so I think you can find them in the consolidated info thread.

Classic Poker Chips. I didn't know if you custom made the .ai file or got it from a chip creator application.
Yup, I know what CPC are. I think you may have confused my chip design (the triangle and stick mold) for CPC, I don't think they offer that design. My chips are designed around 'Cards Mold', a ceramic chip design made in China.

Cards Mold has ai files online, cpc I don't think so.

Yup, I know what CPC are. I think you may have confused my chip design (the triangle and stick mold) for CPC, I don't think they offer that design. My chips are designed around 'Cards Mold', a ceramic chip design made in China.

Cards Mold has ai files online, cpc I don't think so.

Ah yeah. I don't know the designs by heart just yet. Where can I find the card mold ai files?

How am I just now finding this thread? Nobody thought to tag me? No, GOLF isn't in my name or anything...

Nice surprise to find people still stumbling onto this thread! I had some time a month ago and I worked on an idea I had for the inlay for the $5 chip. Fairway surrounding the green, with the flag of the 5th hole.

draft 1.png

I'm still with the idea of the $25 chip having the connotation of the hazards on the course, which is why the main colour is blue, with the brown bunkers and rocks as the edge spots. More to come at some point, ideas welcome.

draft 2.png

Those green/white in the original pic really pop. That black chip makes me feel like i have to draw 4. Love the golf theme

I absolutely LOVE the latest $5 design with the green & flag. I think this kind of thing is what ceramics were made for. How fucking cool is this, goddamn. When is the GB?! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom