Feedback on Dealer Button [Infinity Club] (1 Viewer)

buzzmonkey

Flush
Reaction score
I'm looking to put together a dealer button order with BR Pro. I put this mockup together and thought I'd solicit thoughts and feedback if anyone has any suggestions.

The theme of my set is Infinity Club and utilizes a logo I created in 2006 for my original cash set, and continued to use with my tournament set. For the Dealer button I thought it would be fun to add some color and make a less symmetrical design than the chips themselves. The only concern I have with using color is that I'm likely not going to order the 10 needed to get matching edges, so there would be white there. For that reason I may just go with the white/grey/black version.

1649886359285.png

1649886496712.png

A little off center is fine, but this seems a bit too much off center. I'd maybe make the infinite a different color? The font size is too big to be a bit off center, so might as well center it with that font size. Maybe try just the words centered and maybe lowered a bit if you want to keep the background off center. If you keep the off center symbol, maybe put a textured back ground so the right doesn't feel so empty. I'd make a texture pattern in the back and everywhere except inside the infinite symbol. It will also make the infinite symbol stand out more if you don't want to change the color. Just bc the Club is off center doesn't mean the word dealer has to be too. The whole thing centered wouldn't look bad either (Kind of makes the infinite sign complete).

Last edited:
I’m not bothered by the off-center. When in play, you’ll never be looking at it straight-on anyway.
I dig it.

Also, get 10. I’m sure there’s plenty of folks here that would pay your cost for one. Or, ask if anyone would join in a group buy.

Unless irony is what you are going for, it seems contradictory to reference "infinity" and then cut off the symbol that represents that.
I did think of that when I was doing the layout. I was like, "Wait a minute."

I'd probably have a bit more space between the D in dealer and the edge. If the printing is off-center, you could otherwise lose part of the D if that gap is less than the tolerances allowed for printing.

Love the design and REALLY love the name, but I would keep it centered if it were mine. The logo might look better in black, then you could splash some light, bright colors in the background. “Infinity Club” definitely needs to be somewhere … rolling edge or maybe curved around the edge of the face. I like it a lot.

Took some of the advice and made some adjustments. May add some color or shadow to make it pop a bit more.

1649902213714.png

I’m not bothered by the off-center. When in play, you’ll never be looking at it straight-on anyway.
I dig it.

Also, get 10. I’m sure there’s plenty of folks here that would pay your cost for one. Or, ask if anyone would join in a group buy.
The dude that makes a living doing design - I can't disagree, in fact I like the off center large simple design significantly better myself, but I'm a weirdo.
f4fada82-ee3a-4625-a8a7-9a8979557824_text.gif

The off-center looks really contemporary and striking - I really like it! That's a really cool icon, btw. Neat use of familiar iconography but combined in a cool way.

If anything, my only issue with the original off-center design might be with the font: is it a font that you've used on the chips / is it a unifying element in the design of the Infinity Club? This is definitely just my opinion, but I feel like a modernist sans serif would go well with your logo. I'm plus / minus on the italicization as well.

Looks awesome!

The off-center looks really contemporary and striking - I really like it! That's a really cool icon, btw. Neat use of familiar iconography but combined in a cool way.

If anything, my only issue with the original off-center design might be with the font: is it a font that you've used on the chips / is it a unifying element in the design of the Infinity Club? This is definitely just my opinion, but I feel like a modernist sans serif would go well with your logo. I'm plus / minus on the italicization as well.

Looks awesome!
Just a font I picked. I'm not married to it.

Made a couple more mocks at lunch. Moved to a Sans Serif font and added the Club Name.

Club Name (Opacity matches logo)
1649958497653.png

Club Name (Opacity 50%)
1649958531544.png

Club Name (Opacity 100%)
1649958599924.png

And here's one where the A in Dealer is shifted to line up more with the logo.

1649958839251.png

I am way in the minority here, but I would like to see it even further off that these. If I get a minute ill do a quick mock up of what im thinking, and im sure others will hate it lol

Although I think something interesting could be done with the "ea" in dealer that makes the infinity

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 12.57.29.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 12.57.29.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 57
Final draft that I'm sending off to BRPro. Brie mentioned some folks may be interested in buying one of these. I'm going to get them in my hands and see how they look. I'll post pictures here when they come in. If there's interest I'll authorized a second run and work with her to put something together. I'm going greyscale but if we do another run I'll consider some colored shades.

1650042169878.png

I think there’s a lot to be said for white.
The biggest complaint I have about all the custom buttons is that when they’re colored, they don’t stand out on the table as well (unless you have a white felt.)
And the whole point of a dealer button is so you can easily tell position, so white is a winner.

I think there’s a lot to be said for white.
The biggest complaint I have about all the custom buttons is that when they’re colored, they don’t stand out on the table as well (unless you have a white felt.)
And the whole point of a dealer button is so you can easily tell position, so white is a winner.
Agreed. The only white chips I have are my fracs. I actually like the logo buttons so much I may use it as the inspiration for my secondary tourney set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom