Feedback on Aurora Star Inspired Cash Set (1 Viewer)

After some work during lunch.

Screenshot from 2021-06-21 11-30-15.png

I like where this is heading! I prefer the solid ROTJ half built deathstar to the outline - you're likely not going to see that outline when it's printed at actual size.

The cents sign looks cool but I would look to shrink the dollar sign as it's far too close to a 7 for me at that size and the sharp font doesn't differentiate from the denomination. Use this as a scaling guide and perhaps change the denomination font to something more rounded.

1624293869222.png

That makes sense I like the clean lines of this outline, but it would be for nothing if it wont show up.

The credit symbol looking like a 7 is something I will definitively work on. Thanks for the reference banks note. I'll have to dive back down to find a good font, I really don't want to use the generic "Star Wars' fonts.

Taking a slight break from the chips as I keep looking for fonts, and making some adjustments. knocked out a mock for a plaque today. My only issue is that it is a little too on the nose and what would be 'expected' right now from a SW
Screenshot from 2021-06-22 09-37-48.png
themed set.

how’s it look with the Star Wars font? You can also go with their currency of credits/creds

I think I am just about there. I have adjusted the font of the denom. cleaned up the money symbols. straightened out the colors to 'known' card mold colors that I could use as reference (combo of casa mango and card mold color wheel). Changed the base for the $1 to match better to the ASC set (I did the wrong one the first time). And finally used the ROTJ death star so it would show better on the final product. Let me know what you think! Next up is start finish up the edges.

IMPERIAL-STAR-CASH-SET-GROUP-MASTER-V2.png

Yes, I would place the Imperial Star text directly on the diameter/equator of the "inlay" area, shrink the denom text a bit, and enlarge the Death Star graphic a bit.

Or do you think an Imperial Star Destroyer would be a better graphic than the Death Star? (it is more of a "ship" after all)

Yes, I would place the Imperial Star text directly on the diameter/equator of the "inlay" area, shrink the denom text a bit, and enlarge the Death Star graphic a bit.

Or do you think an Imperial Star Destroyer would be a better graphic than the Death Star? (it is more of a "ship" after all)
d-1.png

Something like this?

Sure, but maybe a white-base graphic with detail lines in black, which would be much easier to reproduce (and probably less issues with bleed) for the star destroyer. You can also play with the angles a bit, doesn't have to be a head-on perspective. I think an angle that captured its length and with a bit of elevation to maximize its size in the upper field would be good.

Sure, but maybe a white-base graphic with detail lines in black, which would be much easier to reproduce (and probably less issues with bleed) for the star destroyer. You can also play with the angles a bit, doesn't have to be a head-on perspective. I think an angle that captured its length and with a bit of elevation to maximize its size in the upper field would be good.
The only issues with angles on it, is that it is very hard to capture what it is, in many angles. Unless I start getting really detailed which wont likely show on the end product anyways. Like I was thinking about looking down on it above and it kinda just looks like a triangle.

I'm pulling open source vector art for this project as I'm not much of an artist and this was one of the few ones that is free. The star destroyers (unfortunately) aren't one of the popular icons from the series. Now if I was doing a "Rebel Star" or "Smuggler's Star" set then yeah I would have a lot of options to play with.

I do like the idea of using a star destroyer instead of the death star. I'm not a huge fan of the death star (highly impractical and a huge waste of money; but that tangent for another time), and I love the star destroyers. so I may work on playing with this and keep searching online to see if I can find anything.

d-1-mock2.png

Only concern is the size of the Super Star Destroyer and whether it will actually print properly.

or this:

SSE-1.png

A set to be used for a high roller pleasure cruise. All in efforts of raising more money the great venture of building the DS-1 Orbital Battle station, the true pinnacle of the Empires grandeur and might.

View attachment 723869
View attachment 723841
OMG can we make this happen???? I would totally group buy a Star Wars inspired set in the theme of the "Star" chips

I think I am just about there. I have adjusted the font of the denom. cleaned up the money symbols. straightened out the colors to 'known' card mold colors that I could use as reference (combo of casa mango and card mold color wheel). Changed the base for the $1 to match better to the ASC set (I did the wrong one the first time). And finally used the ROTJ death star so it would show better on the final product. Let me know what you think! Next up is start finish up the edges.

View attachment 730980
what not use the snapper as a frac?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom