boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Trying to close my various leaks which include calling large bets too often on turn and (especially) river, and bluff jamming into strength on later streets.
Had a solid session last night but am interested in feedback on this hand. Is it to spewy?

25NL Zone 6max fast fold anonymous on Ignition.

UTG opens for $0.55 (this is much smaller than the standard open of $0.75) and BN calls. Normally I would not 3bet a UTG open with KQo given the strength of UTG's range VS KQo and being OOP for the hand but since both players appear weak I give it a shot raising to 5x.
I would generally 3bet a BN open with this hand - is that too loose?

1621082657684.png

Interestingly UTG folds and the BN calls. I think this is probably a pp 22-99 or suited broadways (KJs, QJs, etc.) but capped as stronger hands (e.g. TT+, AK, AQ, KQs) would have 3bet pre.

1621082826643.png

Flop is good for us assuming V doenst have JJ which I think would have been 3bet pre. Diamond draw is definitely possible.
I dont thins A4s or 44 is super likely given the two 4s on the board.
Hero decides on a standard 1/3 pot bet as despite not connecting with the board we are uncapped and can have AA, KK, QQ, JJ.
I think a very strong hand like 4x or JJ will likely raise with the FD out there.
So if V just flats we arent up against 4x. Maybe Jx and 55-99.

1621083086588.png

V calls. Ok so maybe a FD or Jx or a PP. Our equity improves on the turn picking up an open ender. I think TT would have 3bet pre so not worried about the set. If we get a call I think we are still looking at a singe pair. Hero sizes up on turn and bets about 3/4 pot. V calls.

1621083248221.png

The river is a brick. I dont think 22 makes it to the river given my sizing.
If I check here I think I am losing to Jx, 66/77/88/99 or even AK. I can only win by betting.
I am uncapped and V is definitely capped given the action.
I think my only option is to put pressure on his one pair hand and put him all in here.
Only risk is that stacks at this point are so small this jam is less than a PSB that he is getting good odds on a call.
Would have liked to have been here with larger effective stack to lay poorer odds and generate more FE I think.
Feedback? Too spewy?

1621083383247.png

Last edited:
I think I like it. Puts all pairs in a tough spot. You can have all the over pairs and you aren't blocking flush draws. But, no straight draw got there by the river, so your value is pretty much only AJ, TT, JJ, and over pairs. That said, you are only beating non nut flush draws. Villain will almost certainly check back all pairs and some (if not all) his Ad hands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom